➸seventeen

Copyright ©2014 Ari W.

I laid next to Zayn, inhaling his scent. He smells so great it drives me mad. I exhaled and turned to look at the TV.

“Are you done smelling me?” He asked, smiling.

I blushed and nodded, keeping my gaze on the TV. Zayn’s phone rang and he brought it up to his ear, running his fingers through my hair.

“I’m not busy, busy.” He said.

“No, I told you I’m with her.” He sighed.

“That’s bullshit.” He yelled, startling me.

I gave him a questioning look and he removed his arm, standing up and going into the bedroom. He closed the door softly and I furrowed my eyebrows. We aren’t even together and he feels the need to keep secrets.

I contemplated on whether or not I should go and listen, but I decided to just stay put. I pretended to be somewhat interested in the movie until the door opened, and he came out, dressed in a suit.

“I have a last minute business meeting. I’m sorry. I don’t know when I’ll be back, don’t wait up.” He rushed out, kissing me on my lips then leaving the room in a hurry. The door slammed shut before I could even open my mouth.

“Oh, okay.” I said, shaking my head.  I exhaled roughly, turning the television off and stomping into the bedroom.

-

I woke up to find the room empty, and it was weird. Zayn’s bag was gone and so was he. I tried to call him but he declined the call so I just sighed and tossed my phone onto the bed.

I got in the shower and quickly got dressed, hoping that Zayn may have called back.

There was a knock on the hotel door so I ran over to it and quickly yanked the door open. “Ms. King, I am here to escort you back to London.” Max nodded, handing me a card.

“Where’s Zayn?” I asked.

“Mr. Malik had to return to his home. He asked me to give you the envelope.” He explained, pointing to the piece of paper in my hand.

I opened it and read the black cursive letters:

Skylar, I had to leave unexpectedly and I’m sorry. Once you return, we can finish our movie thing. Don’t be upset with me, I’m looking forward to seeing you. –Zayn

I rolled my eyes and crumbled the paper up. Max was watching me intently and I let out a deep breath. “Follow me, Ms. King.” Max gestured, carrying my suitcase.

-

I slept the entire plane ride back to London. There was a car waiting for me, but Zayn wasn’t inside of it.

I called Zayn again but he rejected my call. I don’t understand, did I do something?

Once the car stopped at my apartment, I grabbed my keys and drove straight to Zayn’s. I was thinking of things I was going to say to him because he just left me and didn’t even have the decency to answer my calls.

I parked the car and got out, storming to his door. I knocked repeatedly and got no answer. All of his cars are here so I know he is too.

I started banging again and then the door opened. “Zayn isn’t seeing anyone at the moment.” The lady said with annoyance.

“I guess it’s a good thing I’m not just anyone right.” I rolled my eyes, shoving past her. I headed towards his room, ignoring her screaming behind me.