➸twenty-five

Copyright ©2014 Ari W.

“Babe do you have to stay here tonight?” He asked, slowly walking to my door.

“Yes! I haven’t seen Lia since you guys found me.” I whined.

“Fine. I’ll see you tomorrow. We’ll actually go out to lunch.” He sighed, running a hand through his hair.

“Try not to miss me too much.” I teased.

He rolled his eyes and wrapped his arms around my waist. “I believe I should be saying that to you.” He chuckled.

I closed the distance between us, wrapping my arms around his neck. He pulled away chuckling and pinched my sides. “Stop it.” I squealed, swatting his hands away.

The door flew open and my brother was staring at us, well more like glaring. “Nick!” I smiled.

“Skylar, did you forget your key?” He asked.

I rolled my eyes and gave Zayn a small smile. His expression remained the same way it always did when people were around, hard to read.

I walked inside past my brother, shaking my head. I heard the door close and my name being called. “Yes?” I asked.

“We need to talk.” Nick said, gesturing for me to sit down.

I took a seat on the sofa and he sat across from me, eyeing me and taking a deep breath. “Look, since our parents are gone, I have to say this. I don’t like him. I don’t like you spending time with him. You’ve been gone for over a week. You don’t call, you don’t text. How am I supposed to know that nothing’s happened to you? You’re also dating him, that doesn’t mean you’re supposed to stay at his house.” He lectured.

“Wow Nick. You know what’s funny, you never seemed to care before when you were in the States.” I chuckled, rolling my eyes.

“You also didn’t have a boyfriend then.” He reminded.

“So you’re just upset that I have a boyfriend.” I asked.

“Out of all the people in the whole city of London, you choose the asshole who humiliated you for weeks.” He said, raising his voice.

“If I was able to move past it, why can’t you?”

“Because Skylar, you’re my little sister. It’s my job to look out for you.”

“I don’t need to be looked after. Nick you’re my brother, not my father. I’m almost 21.”

“Well our father is dead Skylar. He sure as hell wouldn’t approve of this.”

“Yes he would. Zayn treats me great.” I argued.

“I bet he does. How old is your rich boyfriend?"

“He’s 23.”

“Yeah he’s three years older than you. You aren’t even legal! You’re too young for him!” He yelled.

“This conversation is over.” I scoffed, standing up. 

“It’s not over.” He yelled.

“I’m not a child. You don’t control me!” I explained.

“Then stop acting like one! You sit here and cry over him every time you come back from being with him.”

“Am I crying now?” I questioned.

“He probably bought you something.” He rolled his eyes.

“Wow. So you think I’m with him because he’s rich. That’s low.” I shook my head in disbelief.