➸thirteen

Copyright © 2014 Ari W.

“About what?” I rolled my eyes.

He took a deep breath and studied my face, his expression unreadable. I took my lip between my teeth and bit down on it nervously.

He came closer to me and I stopped breathing. He tugged on my chin, releasing my lip from my teeth and sat back in his seat.

“Don’t bite your lip.” He said, inhaling roughly.

“Can you please just get on with whatever you brought me here for?”

“Why, do you have somewhere to be?” He rolled his eyes.

“I-I have a date.” I lied.

“With who?” He quirked an eyebrow.

“None of your business.” I snapped.

 "Is it Harry?”

“I’m leaving now.” I smiled, standing up.

“Sit down.” He demanded.

I walked out of the room and made my way to the front door. As I opened it, it was slammed shut.

“I didn’t say you could leave.” Zayn said angrily.

“That’s because I didn’t ask for your permission.” I scoffed.

I tried to open the door again but he slammed it shut and spun me around so I was facing him. He looked angry but it was very amusing. He licked his lips and glared at me. God I wish I could just kiss him. I bit my lip and glanced from his eyes down to his lips.

“What do you want?” I asked.

“I just…” He paused, shaking his head.

I crossed my arms and leaned against the door. He tugged on my chin once again and huffed in annoyance.

I watched him take a step closer to me, then he kissed me. It was both surprising and exciting. I brought my hands up to his hair, running my fingers through it.

Wait, I don’t like him.

I pushed him away and bit my lip. I need to get away from him. I went to walk away but he grabbed my arm. “Let me go.” I yelled.

“Why are you so upset?” He asked.

“Because I have feelings for you and it clearly means something different to you.” I blurted out. Shocked by what I just said, I gasped and covered my mouth.

“You have feelings for me?” His features softened.

I nodded slightly, looking at the ground.

“Skylar, I have feelings for you.” He sighed.

Wait what?

“You what?” I asked in shock. He rolled his eyes and turned to walk away. “You heard what I said, and I won’t be repeating it.”

I followed behind him like a lost puppy, and stopped once we reached his room. The walls were covered in graffiti and I snorted, laughing. “What’s so funny?” He asked from behind me.

“Your room is so unlike you.” I shrugged.

“You don’t even know me.” He sighed, probably rolling his eyes.

I turned around so I was facing him and studied his face. “I know enough.” I said.

He stayed silent and sat on his bed. “So what does this mean for us?” I asked.

“What are you asking?” He frowned.

“Like our relationship…” I mumbled, trying to find the right words to say.

“I don’t exactly do the whole dating thing.” He explained.

I guess I can’t be upset, I mean I never expected us to actually be together anyway. “Tell me what you’re thinking.” He said. 

“I have to go.” I muttered.

Before he could say anything else, I ran out of the room and towards the front door. I opened it and stumbled back when I saw his mother standing there.

“What are you doing here?” She asked in disgust.

My mind seemed to go blank and when I opened my mouth, nothing came out.

“I tutor her.” Zayn said from behind me.

Thank goodness. She looked to me and I gave her a nod.

“Well you look like you were on the way out so go.” She glared at me.

I walked out the door, and stood there, thinking of how I’m going to get back to the country club. I have no ride and now that Zayn’s mom is here, I probably shouldn’t ask him.

-

I’ve sat by the lake behind Zayn’s house for hours. The sun was beginning to set and I’m hungry. I trudged back up to his front door and knocked three times.

“Skylar?” Zayn smiled in surprise.

“Hi, um can you take me home.” I squeaked. I cleared my throat and bit my lip, looking at my shoes. “What do you mean? You obviously came back.”

“I never left.” I shrugged.

“And why is that?” He asked, gesturing for me to come inside. “Because you had that guy bring me here, so how was I supposed to leave?”

“Dammit, you should have at least told me.” He huffed, rolling his eyes.

I stood in the doorway and took out my phone. “I’ll call Lia.” I said scrolling through my contacts.

“No!” He yelled, snatching my phone from my hands. I reached for it but he moved it, laughing as I tried to take it from him.

“Seriously, I have to get home, I have stuff to do.”

“Like what, your ‘date’ with Harry?” He teased.

“I have work in the morning.”

“Not anymore.” He grinned, bringing his lips into a crooked smile. “I can’t ask you to do that.”

“But you didn’t ask.” He quirked an eyebrow.

I giggled at him and sighed, taking a step inside.

-

Zayn and I have sat in his room for hours, talking and getting to know each other. He’s sort of nice yet he is an asshole at the same time.

He promised to take me home three hours ago, and it is now midnight. My eyelids were heavy and I keep yawning. “Can you take me home now?” I asked.

“You might as well just stay, it’s late.” He said.

“But I’m sleepy.” I mumbled.

“So sleep.” He said. I closed my eyes, seeing nothing but darkness.

I woke up with an arm draped over me and I nearly screamed until I saw Zayn. I moved his arm and left the room, pulling on my shoes quietly.

I can’t believe I slept here, knowing that he doesn’t want to be me with me. I called a cab and made my way back to my apartment.

A/n: I literally cannot say how sorry I am that it's been a week since my last update. Honestly, it feels like a month. Between school, practice, and TONS of homework, I really have no  time to write and I HATE it. I miss writing and I will try to do better. I take an AP class and I have homework every single night and all together, my homework takes like 4 hours. ANYWAYS, expect an update soon! Please vote AND comment. The story isn't going to be cliche, trust me, you honestly don't know what's going to happen, but I do xD Thanks to all of the new readers, I love you all sooo much xx