➸thirty-three

Zayn received a phone call earlier that put him in such a horrible mood. He's been snapping at every little thing, huffing and puffing every two seconds. It's so annoying. But at least he's not pissed off with me. I decided to leave him be so I laid in the bed trying to catch up on my reading. Zayn entered the room half an hour later, scowling at me, then turned off the light, making his way towards the bed.

I rolled my eyes and sat up, reaching out to turn on the lamp located on the bedside table. "Oh no, I'm not using the light or anything."

"I'm going to sleep."

"But I'm not, so you can at least be considerate."

"Of course, because the world revolves around you." He replied sarcastically, tossing his shirt onto the floor.

He turned off the lamp next to me and walked around the bed, obnoxiously getting comfortable in the spot next to me. I turned the lamp back on, taking a deep breath to calm myself down. He's starting to agitate me "Some of us actually have to work in the morning." He snapped, turning it off again.

I set my book down, biting the inside of my cheek because I had a question, but I wasn't really sure if it was okay to ask. But then I figured out that if he really didn't want to answer then he just wouldn't so I decided to ask anyways. "What's wrong with you like—you've been really rude—and I've done nothing to you so I—what's wrong?" I mumbled, playing with my fingers.

Silence.

I heard him exhale, but then it was silent.

I knew he wasn't going to say anything so I turned the opposite direction and pulled the blanket over myself, frowning.

Squeezing my eyes shut, I attempted to force myself to fall asleep.

-

Hours later, I lay there tossing and turning never finding comfort. Zayn and I not talking is all that's been on my mind and I can't sleep. I sat up and my feet dangled over the edge of the bed, running a hand through my hair. The noises outside were rather loud than usual which only made it harder to sleep. I hesitated before slowly placing my feet on the cool floor, sending a shiver down my spine.

I was walking towards the kitchen when I heard a loud bang, followed by the shattering of glass. I froze before running back towards the room. It was so dark I couldn't see a thing. I hit my foot on something causing me to groan. Despite the pain, I still made it to the room and shut the door quietly.

I jumped onto the bed and poked Zayn's face, waking him up. "5 more minutes." He whined, switching positions. "Wake up." I whispered, shaking him roughly.

"I'm up, I'm up." He muttered, covering his face with his hands.

I moved his hands and turned on the light so I could get him up. "I heard glass shatter. Go check."

"It was probably nothing."

Sucking my teeth, I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "It's not nothing. I know what I heard."

He grumpily threw the covers back and got out of the bed, stomping off into the direction of the kitchen. I tip-toed behind him trying to be nosy without injuring myself again. "It was just the wind, it blew the flower pot into the window, that's all." He sighed.

I took a step and screeched before falling to the floor. I felt the shard of glass cut into my foot causing my blood to ooze out around the gash. "Dammit Skylar."

He came over to me, bending down and scooping me up in his arms, walking towards the room. "You're letting blood drip all over the place." I wrinkled my nose and stared at the side of his face.