➸two

Copyright © 2014 Ari W.

I have been checking the time on my phone every few minutes, waiting for my shift to end. I hate this stupid job sometimes. Don't get me wrong, working at Cave Castle Country Club definitely has its perks, but the rude, snobby members ruin the experience.

Cave Castle is owned by the richest family in London; the Malik's. The family is very well-known in pretty much all of the UK.

Cave Castle is one of their many country clubs and it's also the most successful. It's a privilege to work here, at least that's what my boss says. Personally, I think it's a nice place but I could do better.

I watched as Amber purposely sat someone in my section. I really hate her and she always does things to piss me off. I put on my best smile and walked over to the table. Sitting there was a guy, about my age, dressed in khaki shorts and a polo.

He's probably just like the rest of the members' children, snobby and arrogant. I rolled my eyes and put on my best smile.

"Hi! Welcome to Cave Castle, I'm Skylar, what can I get you?" I asked politely. Hopefully my tone wasn't filled with annoyance like my current mood.

"A water for now, and don't put the lemon in the glass. I want it to be on a separate dish."  He said, not even acknowledging me.

I turned and went to the kitchen, asking them to prepare his water in the way he requested.

I walked back, carrying the water on the tray and set the dish, with the lemon wedges on it, down on the table. He glanced up from his phone and that was the first time I've been within twenty feet of him.

I wasn't serving just anyone, but the Zayn Malik. As in the son of the people who sign my checks. I was staring at him, admiring his beauty, blushing slightly. He's so much nicer looking in person. The pictures that you see on magazines are nice, but in person he's like a god.

"Are you done?" He snapped.

He caught me staring at him. I nodded and tried to pay attention to what I was doing. Slowly, and with trembling fingers, I grabbed the water and proceeded to set it down on the table. My hands had other ideas and the glass slipped out of my hands, spilling all over Zayn.

He gasped and looked up at me glaring. "I'm so sorry. It was a mistake, I'm so sorry." I rushed out.

"If you really want to know about mistakes you should ask your parents." He scoffed.

Taken back by his works, I hesitantly handed him a towel. "Can't you do anything right?" He asked angrily.

"I realize that you're upset but you don't have to talk to me like that." I said to him.

"You work for me. Whatever I tell you to do, you do it." He gritted his teeth.

"Can I get you a new glass of water?"

"No, you can get me a new waiter who actually knows what the fuck they're doing." He hissed, trying not to cause a scene.

Don't let it get to you Sky, it's okay. It's just another rude customer.

I could feel myself about to cry. I don't think I have ever been talked to like this ever. The tears started spilling over. He watched me then stood up, dragging me away.

I felt the tears rolling down my cheeks and I willed myself not to cry. He took me to a room and led me to the bed. I heard a door close and I sat there crying. He insulted me all because I spilled a glass of water on him. I apologized, it was an accident.

I realized how stupid I was, crying because of what Zayn Malik said to me. I don't know him, who cares what he says.

I wiped my face and pulled out my phone. My shift ends in five minutes. The door opened and I glanced over to see Zayn standing there in boxers. I immediately looked away and a few minutes later, he was standing in front of me in another pair of khakis.