➸twelve

Copyright © 2014 Ari W.

I’m still shocked over the events that took place last night. I can’t believe him. I miss the feeling I got when he kissed me. It was so different.

Snap out of it Sky, you hate him.  My subconscious reminded me.

I groaned and rolled out of the bed. Nick should be getting discharged today. I pushed my thoughts of Zayn to the back of my mind and focused on my brother.

I got into the shower and stood there, letting the hot water release the tension. Once I finished, I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my body, quickly getting dressed.

I looked through Nick’s stuff, searching for clothes, but everything looked the same. I grabbed the entire bag and put it inside my car.

I drove to the hospital, strumming my fingers on the wheel. The only thing on my mind is Zayn. I need to preoccupy myself.

Once I reached the hospital, I went straight to Nick’s room. He was asleep, so I sat down and waited. The doctor came in minutes later, handing me a clipboard. I signed where I needed to sign, so that Nick could be discharged.

“Wake up.” I whispered, shaking him.

“What’s going on?” He groaned.

“You’ve been discharged.” I explained.

I handed him the bag with the clothes and he went into the bathroom to change. When he came out, I helped him to the car and drove back to my apartment.

-

“Skylar, I’m sort of crippled, you don’t have to sit here.” Nick chuckled.

“I’m sitting in my living room, is that a crime?” I pouted.

“Not if that’s what you were doing. You’re watching me.”

Maybe I was. But he doesn’t understand that this is hard for me. He could have died too.

“Let’s watch a movie!” Lia suggested, plopping down next to me.

We all decided to watch something on Netflix. I hadn’t realized I was sleepy until I woke up at five o’clock.

I’m going to be late.

-

Part of me is dreading seeing Zayn, but the other part of me is excited to see him. I took a deep breath before knocking on the door.

The same woman from the other day opened the door, but she looked confused. “Hi, I’m here to see Zayn.” I said to her.

“I don’t think he’s expecting you.” She frowned.

“No, he is. We meet every day at this time.” I explained.

“I think you should go.” She muttered.

I walked inside the house, stepping around her, and made my way to the library. He wasn’t in there so I walked back to the front of the house, searching for the woman.

I heard giggling, so I followed the noise. I turned the corner and saw two bodies pressed against the wall. Zayn was making out with someone.

I didn’t realize that I had gasped until their heads snapped in my direction.

“Skylar?” Zayn called out.

“Who’s Skylar?” The girl asked.

 I turned on my heels and ran out of the house as fast as I could.

I got into my car and jammed the key into the ignition, driving away from his house. I blinked back tears as I drove, thinking about what I just saw.