➸three

Copyright © 2014 Ari W.

 I went towards my section and smiled happily. It’s been a week since Zayn has come here. I’m so relieved that I don’t have to see him anymore. 

The morning has been slow so far; not very many people have come to eat. I decided to take my break early so I walked towards the pool to find Lia.

I was walking past the main desk when I caught glimpse of someone I hadn’t planned on seeing. Zayn. I quickly ran towards the pool in hopes that he didn’t see me.

“Sky!” I heard someone yell.

I turn around and spot Lia. I make my way to her, stepping around the members who are relaxing.

“Don’t you have a life to save?” I asked, smiling at her.

“No, actually. The pool is closed for the rest of the day.” She said loudly, frowning. I know she’s only saying that so the members who are watching us will think she actually loves her job. She grabs my arm and pulls me back inside the building.

I am looking at the ground, trying not to fall as Lia yanks me through the lobby. We make it to our lockers and she grabs her phone. “What are you doing?” I asked as she placed the phone to her ear.

“Ordering pizza.” She mouthed.

We always order pizza when things are slow here at the country club because we aren’t needed as much. I hear her ordering the pizza and I turn to stare out the window.

“Pizza will be here in ten minutes.” She nudged me.

I nod and she begins to tell me all about her day and I listen although my thoughts are elsewhere. I find myself thinking about too many things at once.

“Earth to Sky! They said the pizza is here.” Lia shook me.

We walked towards the lobby to meet the delivery guy. Lia took the box from him and they both looked at me. “Seriously.” I groaned, reaching into my pocket. I took out a wrinkled twenty dollar bill and handed it to the guy, glaring at Lia.

He shrugged and walked away, leaving me to roll my eyes as he doesn’t even thank me for giving him five dollars extra. I’m not really mad at Lia for making me pay but I’m a little annoyed. She smiled at me and I can’t help but smile back.

We started to walk towards the pool when someone says, “Skylar.”

Lia and I both turn around and I immediately regret it. “Yes?” I asked Zayn, trying not to be rude. “You aren’t to have food delivered here. That looks bad for business.” He scolded.

“Well we don’t want to eat the food here every single day.” I argued.

“This isn’t a discussion. I’m letting you know that you aren’t to have food delivered here. No ifs ands or buts about it.” He shrugged.

“And just who the hell do you think you are?” Lia scoffed.

“Lia stop.” I hissed. Neither of us can afford to lose our jobs over this.

“Skylar, I am having lunch now and you are to be the waiter.” He said, turning to walk away.

 "No, I’m about to eat. Have Amber do it.” I said.

“I don’t recall asking what you were about to do. You have five minutes to get to the dining area.” He snapped and walked away.

“Sky what was that?” Lia questioned.

“A waste of time. I have to go. Just save me some of the pizza and I’ll eat it later.” I grumbled, stalking to the kitchen.

I reached my locker and grabbed my apron, hastily tying it around my waist. I head into the dining area and spot Zayn with a female. I stop in front of the table and plaster on a fake smile.