➸twenty-one

Copyright © 2014 Ari W.

The car stopped in front of his house and I gulped. The door opened and he stepped out first, storming straight inside. “Do you think you can take me to my apartment?” I whispered to his driver.

“I’m afraid not Ms. King.” He frowned.

I walked as slow as possible to the door and walked inside, closing it softly. My heart was beating rapidly and I felt like crying. I’m extremely nervous and Zayn’s current mood isn’t helping. I walked to his bedroom and took a seat on his bed, playing with my fingers.

“Skylar, what is on your neck?” Zayn asked, taking a deep breath.

I was too overwhelmed to speak so I stayed silent.

“Skylar, I’m fucking pissed and my patience is wearing thin.”

Silence.

“What is on your neck?” He yelled, his voice echoing through the room.

“You already know so why are you asking!” I snapped.

“Who did it, and when did it happen?”

“Zayn.”

“You wanted it didn’t you?” He rolled his eyes.

“Please stop.” I whispered.

“Skylar who the fuck did it then?”

“Harry! Is that what you wanted me to say?” I rolled my eyes.

He gritted his teeth and grabbed a hoodie, leaving me in the room alone. I heard a door slam loudly and I groaned.

I sat there for a few minutes, thinking he’d come back but he didn’t. I took a deep breath and texted my brother, asking him to pick me up.

Once he arrived, I went to walk out the door but someone cleared their throat. I turned around to face Zayn’s driver, who took a deep breath before opening his mouth. “Ms. King, I’m afraid I can’t allow you to leave.”

“Well I guess it’s a good thing I didn’t ask then.” I scoffed, reaching for the doorknob.

“Please don’t make this hard for yourself.” He warned.

I ignored him and opened the door, taking a step out of it. I hit something hard, although nothing was there.

“What the hell is this?” I asked angrily. “Mr. Malik doesn’t want you leaving so he placed the house on lockdown.”

I tried to walk out of the door again but the imaginary wall hit me again. “What is trapping me in here?” I rolled my eyes.

“It’s an alarm system that is meant to keep unwanted people out and to keep people in.” He explained.

“Sky what are you doing, let’s go.” Nick yelled from the car. “I-I can’t. I’ll see you tomorrow.” I muttered, rolling my eyes.

“Yeah and when you do, we need to have a serious talk.” He said sternly.  I nodded and he pulled off, leaving me here in prison.

I closed the door and stomped back into Zayn’s room. He’s so annoying and protective.

-

“Wake up.” I heard as someone shook me. I fluttered my eyelids and opened my eyes, peering up at Zayn as he stood over top of me.

I sat and took a deep breath, squeezing my eyes shut. I got up and walked past him, leaving the room. “Just where do you think you’re going?” He asked from behind me.