➸four

Copyright ©2014 Ari W.

Zayn’s Pov

I don’t even know why I have to monitor this stupid party. My parents are the ones who allow it to take place, therefore, they should be here to make sure everything doesn’t get out of hand.

I walked through the doors of the party and sighed. People were dancing all around, drinking and having fun. I just need a drink. Maybe that will loosen me up so I can have a good time. I walked towards the table stacked with red cups and I grabbed one, filling it up with whatever is in the keg. I assume its beer but you never know.

I took a sip and glance around looking for a familiar face. I noticed Harry with some girl so I decided to say hello. I pushed through the people dancing all around me and stopped once I reach them. The girl had her back to me but she looks hot.

“Harry, who’s this?” I asked, smirking at him.

“What’d you say your name was again babe?” He asked her. She mumbled something that I couldn’t quite make out and Harry nodded.

“This, this is Skylar.” He smiled and she turned to face me. My eyes widened and I took a step back. It’s her. The waiter girl. What’s she doing here? More importantly, what’s she doing here with Harry? She smiled at him and took another sip of her drink.

The only thing on my mind right now is what happened earlier.

I can tell she’s drunk and Harry hasn’t taken his eyes off of her. “Enjoying the party?” I asked her.

“Yeah.” She slurred.

“I think we’re going to get out of here.” Harry winked at me.

As much as I could honestly care less for this girl, she doesn’t deserve some sleaze ball like Harry. He’ll simply take advantage of her while she’s intoxicated and then leave her, not caring how she feels about it.

“Actually, Skylar was meeting me here.” I told Harry. The words that just came out of my mouth surprise me but there’s nothing I can do about it now.

“Seriously. I just spent the last hour getting her drunk.” He frowned.

“Sorry man, I saw her first.” I shrugged.

He walks away from her, not saying anything and she stared after him. “Was it something I did?” She pouted, looking at me.

“No, you didn’t do anything. I think you should probably go home.” I suggested.

She took a step and tripped, but I grabbed her by her waist, helping her catch her balance. “Oops.” She giggled. “I’ll just take you to a room tonight.” I told her.

There are several vacant rooms here and I don’t think it’d be a big deal for her to stay in one, seeing as I own the place. “No I need to find Lia.” She protested.

“Who’s Lia?” I asked her.

“My best friend.”

She wobbled through the crowd of people and smiled excitedly when we reached a girl, who I’m assuming is Lia. She’s the same girl from earlier. The one she was going to eat pizza with. The two of them were having a conversation and I tried to hear what they’re saying but the music was too loud.

Skylar frowned and walked away, leaving Lia to dance with some guy. I followed Skylar and she walked into the parking lot, stopping at a car.

“What are you doing?” I asked, amused.

“Waiting for Lia.” She mumbled.

“I can take you home.” I suggested.

She mumbled something I can’t make out and I lead her to my car. I helped her into the passenger seat and closed the door.

I look to her once I was in the driver’s seat and she was staring out the window. “What’s your address?”

"I forgot.” She gasped.

“You forgot?” I asked.

“Yes.” She giggled.

Okay she should never get drunk again. “What’s your last name?”

“King.” She mumbled. “Wait here.” I told her.

I got out of the car and made my way towards the building. I locked my car, just to make sure she actually listens. I headed to the office door containing a file on everyone who works here. The door is locked so I grabbed my key and twisted the lock.

I’m not sure why this is making me feel nervous, but for some reason, I’m afraid of being caught. I stepped in and flipped the light on, closing the door softly.

I opened the file cabinet and looked for the letter K.

Three drawers later and I finally came across it.

King, Skylar N.

Born: 2/12/1995 London Bridge Hospital

I skimmed through the information about her birth and read her interview for this job.

Written Job Interview (6/01/2011)

Why do you think you deserve to work here?

Honestly, I don’t really know. I just think it’d be a great opportunity to work here. I’m very hardworking and I think that this would be a really cool job to have.

What’s your reason for wanting to work here?

My parents passed away a few months ago and I just need something to take my mind off it.

I stopped reading it, because it seems personal. I continued to look through the pages until I found her address and phone number.

Address: 48 Stanhope Gardens, London, England.

I closed the folder and took it with me as I headed back to the car. I wanted to read it later.

As I got inside the car, I noticed she was asleep.

-

“Skylar.” I whispered, shaking her.

Her eyes flashed open and she looked at me. “I don’t know you!” She frowned.

“C’mon, you need to go inside.” I said to her.

She took her seatbelt off and opened the door. I got out and helped her walk up the stairs to her apartment. Once we reached the door, she reached inside her bra and takes out a silver key. I tried not to laugh but it’s pretty funny.

We took a step inside and she flipped on the light. She actually lives in a pretty nice place. I walked around and looked at the pictures of her and her friend on the wall. I heard footsteps hitting the floor loudly so I turned around to see Skylar running with her hand over her mouth.

I followed her into the bathroom as she sits on her knees and vomits. I held her hair and she continued to empty her stomach into the toilet.

She can’t be this sick from drinking. She probably didn’t eat anything, which makes perfect sense because she’s wasted.

She stood up and began to brush her teeth so I left and waited in the hallway until she came out. She went into the room next to the bathroom and crawled into the bed. “Are you sure you want to sleep with your dress on?” I asked her.

 “Top drawer.” She mumbled.

I opened the drawer and grabbed a t-shirt for her. I handed her the shirt and she took off her dress, leaving her partially naked. I felt like I should look away but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

She pulled the shirt over her head and got back into the bed, pulling the duvet over her body. I watched her for a few minutes and left, turning the light off as I went.

I made sure her door is locked as I got inside my car.

 What the hell just happened? Honestly, it’s pathetic she even let herself get that drunk. I drove off and head back to the country club.

 A/N: I enjoy writing this story so much. I think it's because I planned the whole story out already so I don't have to struggle to come up with ideas. Please vote and comment if you read this! Thanks.