➸eleven

Copyright ©2014 Ari W.

“Thanks for slowing down, and for the ride. That was very nice of you.” I admitted, opening the car door.

“I’m generally a nice person.” He shrugged.

“If by nice, you mean total asshole, then yes.” I scoffed.

“I’ll prove that I can be nice. My parents are throwing a party and you can come if you want.” He smirked.

“When and where?” I challenged him, stepping out of the car.

“I’ll text you the details. Goodnight Skylar.” He said sarcastically, driving away.

I waited for ten minutes and my phone beeped. He texted the address and time, suggesting that I dress up. Should I really go or is this one of his attempts to mess with me?

I decided to take my chances. The party is tomorrow evening at six.

-

“What time should I pick you up?” Lia asked as she stopped the car in front of the giant house.

“Um maybe at around 8:30.” I mumbled, biting down on my lip.

“Breathe. It’ll be okay.” She pushed me out of the car. I stumbled to catch my balance and glanced back at her once more before heading to the door.

I knocked and the door opened, revealing Zayn in a suit. He looks so breathtaking. “I feel underdressed. Maybe I should go.” I suggested, turning to go back to Lia’s car.

“I’m doing something nice Skylar. Let’s not ruin the evening.” He snapped and smiled at me, giving me one of those looks as if to say, there are people around and now isn’t the time to piss me off.

I gulped and took a deep breath before stepping inside the large house. I looked around, taking in all of my surroundings. The inside of this house is surreal. Everything is so beautiful. Every painting, all the furniture, the floors, they look so expensive. Zayn’s house is decorated slightly similar.

“I’ve been talking to you for five minutes and you haven’t responded.” He hissed.

“Sorry.” I muttered.

We stood around, talking, well Zayn did most of the talking, and I listened as he explained how his family became wealthy.

A woman walked up to us smiling, before shoving us into a room. Confusion was written all over my face as she and Zayn stared at each other.

It took me a second to realize the woman is his mother.

“This is my mother Trisha.” Zayn gestured.

“You have such a beautiful home Mrs. Malik.” I told her. She stayed silent and cocked an eyebrow. “Mom, this is-”

 “Skylar King, yes I know.” She snapped, cutting him off. So that’s where he gets it from. Crabbiness must run in the family.

 I stood there awkwardly as she glared at Zayn, the two of them having a silent conversation. “You invite the help to my party! Are you trying to embarrass this family?” She yelled, slapping Zayn across the face.

 I gasped and took a step back. I waited for him to defend me or say something, but he never did. I can’t say I’m surprised.

 “I’m sorry. It won’t happen again.” He finally spoke.

 “Since you’re here, join the others in the kitchen. We could use the help. The guests will be arriving soon. Heather can get you up to par with everything.” She demanded, looking right through me.