➸twenty-two

Copyright © 2014 Ari W.

Zayn’s Pov

Skylar leaving has put me in a shitty mood. It wasn’t fair for me to be upset that she already had plans tonight, but I wanted her to be there.

“Zayn, this is why you shouldn’t have invited her here earlier. Now, your thoughts are focused on her.” Mark said, shaking his head. I know he’s right.

“Leave me alone.” I grumbled.

“You need to get your shit together. I don’t care what it takes.” He snapped, leaving me alone.

One reason why Mark and I get along so well is because he doesn’t put up with my bullshit. He’s always so straightforward with things.

I contemplated on whether or not I should call. I’ll feel better if I know we’re okay. It’ll make me feel even better about winning. Tonight I’m fighting that no good piece of shit, Harry. After what he did to Skylar, I could kill him. The thought of her with anyone else pisses me off.

I dialed her number but she rejected the call, sending me straight to voicemail. I threw my phone across the room, causing it to shatter into pieces. I stood up and went back into the main part of the gym, strapping on the gloves.

People were beginning to show up, which meant Mark would have to go teach one of those dumb boxing classes, so I went to the punching bag and hit it, over and over again.

-

The fight’s starting and that cocky grin on Harry’s face has made me forget about the fact Skylar is mad at me.

“How’s your girlfriend, Malik?” he smirked, getting closer to me. I could have knocked him out right there, but I was too focused on what he was saying.

“What?” I asked.

“What’s her name again? Samantha, Sarah…wait, Skylar, right?” He chuckled. He knows damn well what her name is.

“Don’t ever fucking say her name or-“

“Or you’ll what, give me a black eye again? By the end of the night, your sweet little girlfriend will be moaning my name.” He chuckled, taunting me.

I clenched my fists, and gritted my teeth, wanting to beat the shit out of him. “What the hell did you say?” I growled through gritted teeth.

“I can see it now, Skylar laying under me, her legs spread apart as she grips the sheets, begging me to go faster as I pound into her.” He smirked, looking through the crowd.

I squint and focus on the one person who has his attention, Skylar. I had to do a double take. When did she get here, and how did he notice her before me?

“Isn’t that her?” He quirked an eyebrow.

I lost it. I knocked him onto the floor of the ring throwing punch after punch, blinded by rage. The only thing on my mind was images of him and Skylar. It only added onto the anger as I continued to hit him harder and harder.

He was attempting to fight back, but I was too quick. I heard a crunching noise and that only satisfied me. Normally, I’d stop at this point, but Harry took it too far.

Skylar’s Pov 

Watching Zayn deliver blow after blow to Harry only made me cringe. I’ve never seen Zayn so angry and that scares me.

No one made any attempt to stop him when it was clear that Harry’s face was a bloody mess. To my surprise, Harry still attempted to fight back, but Zayn was too quick.