➸twenty-six

Copyright © 2014 Ari W.

"Skylar!" Ashton called for the fifth time. I've been ignoring him the other four times because I'm scheduling things for him.

I placed my call on hold and quickly made my way into his office. "Yes sir?"

"I have a meeting in a few minutes, so I need you to head down to the marketing division and pick up this week's results."

"I'm in the middle of a phone call." I said hesitantly. He's been stressed all morning and he's more on the snappy side today.

"I didn't ask what you were doing. Go." He demanded.

I quickly left his office and made my way towards the elevator. I'm so stressed out, I just need some coffee. He has so much going on, it's crazy. I don't know how he manages to do it all.

Once I reached the marketing floor, I was relieved, until they informed me that they didn't have what Ashton wanted.

"He needs this, now." I explained.

"I'm afraid we don't have it at this time." The guy said.

"Well can you just print it out?" I asked.

"Stick to answering phones. It's not that simple." He chuckled, blowing me off.

"When will you have it?"

"When we get it. Anything else?" He snapped.

I huffed in annoyance and made my way back to my desk. The person I was previously on the phone with hung up, and I can't say I blame them.

I knocked on Ashton's door and he gestured for me to come in. He looked pissed when he glanced down and noticed I was empty-handed.

"Where are the results?"

"The people down in marketing informed me that they don't have the results at this time." I mumbled, nervously.

"No. Go back down there and tell them to give you the results."

"Sir, they don't—"

"I don't pay you to hear you say what you can't do. Go back down there and get the results. Now." He said harshly. It was very similar to the way Zayn speaks to his employees.

I nervously left the office, heading back down to the marketing floor. "You again?" The guy asked, rolling his eyes.

"Ashton wants them now."

"I don't know if you're hard at hearing, but let me say this slowly, we—do—not—have—them." He repeated.

"See I heard you, I'm just not leaving here until I have them." I smiled through gritted teeth.

"Well we don't have them." He shrugged.

My patience was wearing thin. I kept my fists balled at my sides and I took another deep breath. "Are you seriously going to stand here? I told you we don't have them." He scoffed.

"I am not to leave until I have the results. So you can make this easier on both of us and get off your ass to get the papers." I smiled.

He snorted, completely blowing me off, and started to type away on his computer. I leaned on the counter, sighing loudly. Another male entered the office and took a seat at the desk across from this asshole's.

"Excuse me, Ashton needs this week's results." I said to him.

"Did you ask Luke?" He quirked an eyebrow, giving me one of those looks as if to say, leave me alone.