"If I just left why didn't you call me back? I could have helped you." Aeriin asked.

"I panicked okay!? I was scared!" Ani answered. "I'm still scared! My mother is ruthless and she'll never rest until I come home. She'll try and hurt you to get to me, and I don't want you to get hurt Aeriin! I don't want to go back but if she hurts you I'll go!"

"Ani you have to relax."

"I can't relax! Rose was in our fucking house protecting me from my mother! I know you've never met them but my mother is crazy!"

Aeriin took hold of her hands. "Ani. Please relax. You're having a panic attack."

"What's a panic attack?" Ani asked.

"Just focus on your breathing for now. Try and calm yourself down."

"But-"

"Try."

Ani stared at her companion for a few seconds before closing her eyes and only focusing on her own breath. It was easy for her to forget how to breath since she wasn't required to do it. So re-teaching herself gave her something else to think about. However this also involved her sense of smell. And the only things she could smell were her own blood, and Aeriin.

She regretted not feeding for a few days.

Her hands flew up to her mouth as she leaned back, eyes wide.

Aeriin took Ani's hands calmly with a smile, pulling them away from her mouth. "See, you don't want to go biting random people, you don't even want to bite me."

"It's not funny!" Ani retorted. "Me biting you out of stress doesn't seem like the safest thing to do!"

"We'll be fine." Aeriin held her smile. "Come on. You need your blood." She stood up, still holding Ani's hand where she led the vampire upstairs.

Stargazer vampires possess a unique talent that most vampire's don't have. Rose called it Dragon's Breath, because it has the same properties as the breath of actual dragons. It has a healing effect, but that healing factor comes at the cost of dizziness. Which essentially means it dulls pain, and makes it so their prey can't fight back against their vampire attacker. The effect, though not perminant, lasts for a couple hours, so the girls had to prepare for that.

Aeriin left Ani in her bedroom where she went downstairs to get a glass of water and some crackers to help with the dizziness later. She also brought her book bag up so she could do her homework when she got the chance. As a rule, Aeriin was not allowed up until she could say her ABC's forwards and backwards.

She had to practice saying them backwards for a while just to be safe.

Aeriin sat in the bed and made herself comfortable. Ani however, as usual, didn't look like she wanted any part of it. Aeriin took hold of her arm, getting Ani to look at her sadly. "Don't give me that look Anikke."

"Don't call me by my first name." Ani glared. "Rose said it like three times."

"Well, Rose makes an effort to remember names." Aeriin shrugged. "I hear she's a super fantastic person, but you still need to calm down. Breath through your mouth so you don't smell anything."

Ani couldn't tell if Aeriin was making fun of Rose, but she decided to listen to her anyway. Once again she focused on her breathing, but this time only using her mouth. Eventually she did calm down enough, so she got on top of Aeriin who just watched her.

"I hate you for this." Ani said.

"Please, the kissing is your favorite part." Aeriin rolled her eyes.

"Of course." Ani answered as she leaned down, kissing Aeriin straight on the lips. Aeriin did her best to suck in a breath of the air coming from Ani's mouth as she breathed it in. Aeriin could taste the magic that sparked on Ani's breath and it made her cough as Ani leaned back. Even with the several times they've done this, the sparking magic always made her cough, and feel a little sick to her stomach. Perhaps it was because of how the magic was put into her, but either way, it caused slight discomfort. But she prefered the dizziness over the pain. Ani's fangs were not small. The more she craves the bigger they get, and although this feeding was earlier in the week, they're still pretty big, even by vampire standards.

Dragon's Breath for the Stargazers is created by their magic, a spell used by all of them when hunting. Since vampires (usually the females) can use their sex appeal as a weapon, they can lure in prey with a harmless kiss, that turns out to be the way they take control. In your dizziness they can use their mind control to influence you into following them to a back room of a club where they can drink you till your dry.

Luckily in Aeriin's case, it was just to make the bite less painful. However the trust needed to do this the first time prooved to her that Ani would never let any harm befall her. Escpecially since if Aeriin was to die, Ani could go back home, or go off and do whatever she wanted, free of her master's power.

Aeriin blinked up at Ani, the spell already taking hold of her. Her eyes became cloudy and unfocused. But at the same time they were completely focused on Ani, even as she leaned down and sunk her fangs into her neck. Ani took note of this, but tried her best to ignore it.

She's reflecting my feelings because of my will in the spell. She's only doing what I want her to do. Ani thought to herself. And I'm not going to take advantage of her.

Ani leaned back and licked the bite marks to heal them before getting up to go back into the basement, only to have Aeriin grab the back of her shirt and hold her in place. "Don't leave." She called to the vampire. "Just stay and cuddle me."

"If you spill your water on me I'll never forgive you." Ani warned.

"I trust you wouldn't." Aeriin cracked a drunken smile. Ani laid beside her, and snuggled against the huntress.

Even though she wanted to believe, that the only reason that Aeriin wanted to be this close to her, was because the spell had reflected Ani's emotions onto her, she couldn't help but love the feeling of warmth. Aeriin was warm, (as she was alive) and it just made Ani feel good. She felt like something new had been added to her own body and soul, something she was missing for a long time. She was glad to have Aeriin in her life, and she really did wish that Aeriin would be the one to stay with her forever. In fact, she prayed it would be Aeriin. She so badly wanted to stay with her, even if her pride wouldn't allow her to say so. She still wanted it so bad.

Aeriin fell asleep quickly, leaving Ani to her thoughts.

What would she do about her mother sending attackers?

Why did Rose take an interest in the treaty of another world? Why Aeriin and Ani?

Did Aeriin feel the same?

Only time could answer these questions, and Ani had a lot of time.