Chapter 142 - Constantine's Mega Spell Part One

The great Red Warlock propped himself up into a sitting position. He folded his legs, tucking them comfortably under him. He needed to concentrate.

"I must not be disturbed, yes? I need to concentrate on this mega spell," he called out to the other two Ghost Lords. Quickly he gulped down another two vials before mentally preparing himself for the huge task ahead. He needed the extra Energy.

"No problem," Valentine said slashing his sword in the empty air in front of him.

The milling hounds further up had finally made up their minds. The three Ghost Lords away from the Stronghold were too tempting to give up. Hunters always prey on the weak and the ones cut off from the main herd. They were more vulnerable and easier to kill, just like these three foolish humans. The main orc force was busy battling at the Stronghold. None were within range to help the humans. The packs yipped at each other and rallied themselves.

"I mean it. If I am interrupted, it will backfire on me and the enormous Energy I will be summoning to cast my spell will probably kill me."

Lazarus turned sharply. He noted his friend's serious face as he fussed with his clothes and cracked his knuckles. The ranking gate keeper was all business.

"Constantine?"

The Red Warlock smiled at the worried Assassin. "It is o'kay my friend. I had great fun here in the orc realm, yes? I got to use my stash of melee weapons, kill gazillion of NPCs and do some awesome magic, which no one will be able to replicate for a while," he exaggerated blatantly. "More importantly, you are one hundred per cent cured, yes?"

He looked at Lazarus reassuringly but the Assassin blinked guiltily and swallowed. Was Constantine going to sacrifice his life to help him finish off his side mission with the jaav ukon? It was not o'kay. They were a team, a good solid team. The next moment the nearby Thief voiced what he wanted to say.

"No! What are you saying? Are you going to die?" Valentine's voice rose sharply. "You can't die now!"

"Aiyayayai! Always so noisy," Constantine grumbled. "I said 'if'. That is a big 'if', no? After all I am the greatest, yes? And only if I am interrupted."

"Why are you so upset?" he continued, "If I die I will re-spawn at home, yes? No problem. Both of you can finish up here and come back."

"No one is going to die here," Lazarus said quietly. His clenched his jaw and re-gripped his double blades. "We will guard you while you do your spell."

With that, the Assassin turned away to survey the situation. Constantine knew by the stubborn set of Lazarus' shoulders and his tensed posture that his friend would protect him at all cost, even if meant sacrificing his own virtual life. Didn't Laz realise that he had nothing else to do here? The mission was almost done, yes? He just wanted to have fun. The loyal obstinate idiot! He must complete the spell and stay alive! Ahhhh, the pressure to keep the sentimental fool alive was heavy.

"Right!" agreed Valentine whole heartedly. "Then we will keep those hounds away from you. You must finish this with us!" declared Valentine. "We have lots more to do here! There are tons of wild monsters and Bosses to kill, not to mention all those orc dungeons for Rare Items which we bypassed earlier to save Laz. Now that he is o'kay, we must explore them while we are here! I want to get rich and I don't want to go through all the gatekeeper's Trials!!"

Constantine made a face then suddenly grinned to himself. Val was right, there were a lot of unexplored dungeons here. Imagine what the Bosses could drop? He could do it. After all, he was the greatest, wasn't he?

"We will all go home together!!" The blond gatekeeper wagged his fingers at the Red Warlock warningly daring him to die on his watch before turning to discuss strategy with Lazarus. The gathered lava hounds had started making their way to the Ghost Lords.