Chapter 131 - Sharak's Brew

"Thanks Kalthu, you're a lifesaver!" said Valentine. The blond gatekeeper had healed his wounds and changed into fresh clothes. He now sported a stylish deep green outfit with silver runes.

"No problem. It was fun," grinned the Warlord flexing his muscles. "Did you get it? The Lifestone?"

Valentine settled down next to the Witch. The Bello had settled back down when she realised the human and orc did not need her help with the Sentinels. She had returned her attention to the sick one, openly monopolising the Assassin. Poor Laz, he still couldn't move.

In a way, it was good because he was being forced to 'rest' and conserve his Health and Energy. The Assassin looked chagrin and slightly embarrassed. Valentine tried not to smirk. Nah, he'll get used to it. The Bello was o'kay since she wasn't strictly human. Some close contact with females may be good therapy for him.

"Yeah, I did."

Carefully the Thief retrieved the precious Item from his Inventory and held it up. The translucent ball sparkled in his hands reflecting the sunlight in a multi-coloured radiance. It was perfectly round and was the size of a standard baseball.

Valentine turned it around, peering into the sphere. Warmth emanated from the globe making him feel alive.

"It's very powerful. I can feel its life giving properties."

"That isss good. It meansss you have obtained the correct gem, Ghosst Lord."

"What next?" asked Kalthu. "Do we have everything we need?"

The Thief glanced at the paralysed Assassin. The light frost dusting on Lazarus had become more obvious. Quickly Valentine checked Lazarus' Health.

Lazarus, Health 6 per cent (Maximum 6 per cent)

Could Laz survive with only 6 per cent health? Or will he be wiped out instantly? The Annazzosh poison was more deadly than the nauk dzi vras right? He had seen what happened to the Vogeruk stallion when he was injected with the Bello's poison. It was not pretty.

"Laz, I'm not so sure about this. You only have 6 per cent health. You might die."

"What choice do I have? I have to try or I'll never know."

"You sure?"

"It's now or never. Better do it now before my max health drops again."

"Chosen!" Anya whined mentally. A wave of loss and sadness washed over the others in the group. Tania whimpered in reaction.

"It's o'kay Anya. I'm not giving up yet. I'll beat the poison or I'll see you soon. Stay in the Keep."

The Assassin sent as mush love as he could muster. Even the simple mental exercise exhausted him.

"Do it," Lazarus sent with finality. "I'm ready."

Valentine nodded ending the silent conversation.

He addressed the Witch. "How do we make the Annazzosh's antidote? Can you do it?"

The Witch folded the piece of parchment she had been studying. The Banished One had been thorough in his research. His reputation was well earned indeed.

"Yesss Ghosst Lord. I believe we have everything if the Warlord can provide me the rare ziokar herbsss and you the Lifesstone and Water of Life."

Valentine nodded handing over the precious translucent globe and vials of vampires' blood to the Witch. "You make the potion, I'll get the Bello to ... to give Laz the Annazzosh." He might be murdering his best friend with the request he thought sadly.