Chapter 139 - Lazarus and Valentine

When the demon hounds ceased coming out of the ragged rift, Lazarus and Valentine crept forward. That was the signal, now they would proceed with the plan. The two Heroes took their time letting the hounds move towards the Stronghold. They did not need the dogs to be distracted and backtrack to their positions.

"Is it my imagination or are those hounds bigger than the ones Constantine showed us on his ipad?"

"You're right," confirmed Lazarus. "They do look bigger and stronger."

"I thought so. Bigger, meaner and badder." A second later, the handsome Thief broke into a boyish smile, "No problem. We can handle them."

Mentally Valentine adjusted his game plan. He would switch to his new overpowered weapon later instead of using his favourite long sword. It was the best time to test out that baby. Everyone had gone shopping before logging on. This session, all three Heroes had new higher grade weapons to play with.

"Now?" asked Valentine glancing at Lazarus.

"Now."

They could see Constantine already casting his spell. He walked unafraid into the open for the showdown as a large bluish black ring of high flames marked the ground encircling the two magic users. The Red Warlock gestured rudely at the Necromancer who responded with an angry snarl and energy blast. Constantine easily avoided the attack and answered with one of his own.

The powerful veteran orc Necromancer faced the legendary human Red Warlock. Tension built in the few seconds the two rival magic users glared hatefully at each other before they raised their hands simultaneously.

The war of the mages commenced. It was a battle that would be recorded in orc history as one of the fiercest magical battles that was ever fought. It was the battle that changed the tide of the Avraiavor War.

-----

"We're up," said Lazarus. They would kill all the Imperial orc warriors so that none would interfere or help Mallarg with the magical fight.

The Assassin lifted his customised silver bow and aimed. His arrow flew straight and true, entering the Imperial warrior's throat forcefully and blocked off his windpipe. The scarred orc choked curses unintelligibly before dying. Two more arrows followed moments later to fatally pierce the huge fighters on either side of the first victim. They too died before they could react. Lazarus' lips quirked upwards before he was busy again looking for more Kills. It was so good to be back.

Valentine was not far behind. The Thief was also an excellent shot. Hefting his own over powered new Osage orange bow, he let loose a few stout customised arrows. Another three orcs died within seconds of each other. Before his victims could disappear, the high level Hero had already fitted and nocked another arrow. He shot upon choosing his next target.

Methodically, the two Heroes finished off what was left of Mallarg's Imperial army. Their hands blurred as arrow after fatal arrow decimated the enemy. Fifty over unsuspecting grey warriors died as they tried to regroup against the surprise attack. The massacre lasted for only a few minutes. Fiery sparks outlining various battle positions of the doomed orcs winked out slowly. Lazarus and Valentine were very efficient and complemented each other perfectly. The two good friends made a lethal team.

Soon, it was all over. The Necromancer was left completely alone.

The area outside the magical blue black flaming ring surrounding Mallarg and Constantine filled with combusting orcs. Mallarg screamed furiously at the ambush. His army!! The two interfering Ghost Lords outside the magical barrier were killing off his precious army! Without his Imperial army, he would not have access to their Energies. He would be left on his own. He would have to use his own Energies to control the hounds!