Chapter 98 - Deals

"This is going to be tricky. Very, verrry tricky, but I think I've finally perfected my new spell. It's very special and complicated. Not anyone can make it," Lorenzo announced in satisfaction.

He was nervous and excited. Today was the day he got to use it. He grinned happily; being friends with Lazarus ingame had yielded many unexpected benefits and exciting off-quest missions.

Because of the Assassin's personal health dilemma, Lorenzo had the chance to challenge his Warlock's ability and push him to higher levels of learning. He would never have bothered to research and create such a complicated spell on his own. It took too much time, effort and serious thinking but ahhhhh, the chance to best the Necromancer was just too much. In the process, he had even unlocked special hidden abilities for his Hero. Now he understood what Isis meant when she said Laz helped push her to new heights. The Priestess had gone crazy with potion making and the unofficial 'find-a-cure' mission. She was still working on it.

"Hmmm. Are you sure you got the right spell, Renzo?"

"It should be right. I've discussed it with Isis and Laz. We worked to fine tune it last night."

Sophia wrinkled her petite face at her brother. "I know you did, but is it the right one? The Necromancer is no weakling, you know. He is a powerful orc, one who has been practicing his craft for who knows how long. I do not trust Simtrixx, you may not be a match for him."

"Who says so? In case you have forgotten, I am the great Red Warlock! I am the most powerful Hero in Orc Wars and still the highest ranking player!!" Constantine waved his hands about dramatically. "I am more than a match for a mere orc."

"I know you are all that but you are still a human. And he is not just a mere orc, he is bigger, older and definitely wiser than you ... maybe even more powerful too."

"Impossible!! I am better!" Then Lorenzo grinned boyishly. "Worried for me, Soph?"

"More like worried for Laz. If you die it's no biggie but what about my poor baby, Laz? Only that cutie Val will be left in the orc realm to help him."

"What? Are you only thinking about them? What about me? I am more handsome than the both of them put together!! And I am your brother!!"

"Exactly! You are my brother so you do not count, now do you?" Sophia said reasonable and laughed, patting Lorenzo's cheeks.

He pouted. "I do count," he grumbled at her female logic.

Ting!! Notification!!

Lorenzo picked up his ipad. "Laz and Val are online. It's time!"

Sophia put on her virtual gear. She had agreed to be on standby when Lorenzo took on Mallarg, the orc Necromancer. It could be dangerous and he wanted back-up from someone he trusted fully.

"Renzo ... remember to call my name through Xico. I will be able to hear you through Ginggar."

"Don't worry. I will if I have to but I doubt it," he smiled confidently.

"I'm serious!" Sophia exclaimed hitting his shoulder. "I can help you. We can help you. I told you of the others, yes?"

"Ahhh, yes, yes, you told me. Do not worry Soph. I can handle this."

"It is such a dangerous spell. Promise me, you will call me. Prrrrromiseee!!"

"O'kay, o'kay, now can we please play? Laz and Val are waiting."

Lorenzo hugged his twin and held her face. He kissed her on her forehead gently to emphasise his point. "Don't worry o'kay? I got this."

Sophia bit her lip. "Then, just as we planned?"