Chapter 122 - Constantine

"I'm sorry Zen," said Damon (Head of Creative). "I had to execute the revised sequences with the Necromancer in front of Nadine before she would leave me alone. "She really means to get rid of the warlock."

"When?"

"About half an hour ago. Nadine just left the room."

"Thanks for letting me know. I'll think of something unless Constantine can handle Mallarg. Lily was great with the Witch. The final Boss has been neutralised and is on the Gatekeepers' side now."

"Keep a watch. The Assassin is still not out of the woods. He has only a couple more hours. The Bello is useless if they can't solve Sharak's antidote."

"They will," Zen said confidently into the mouth piece but he double crossed his fingers all the same. They already had all the ingredients in front of them. All they had to do was figure it out before it was too late.

"I hope you are right."

The Games Master replaced the receiver to the intercom and leaned back into his chair. Ughhh, why did Nadine have to meddle at this crucial juncture? If the Red Warlock really died and re-spawned back in the human realm, he would not be able to help the Assassin. Only the Thief would be left. Would he be enough to protect Lazarus until the end?

Zen got up to refill his coffee cup. He would stay and accompany the Assassin in his last hours. He would monitor the situation until the end. He owed it to the Player for sticking it out whoever he was.

-----

"How is it going?"

Vera and Aria looked up tiredly. Isis and Nyx had just come out of another dungeon. "Nothing there. We will check out the next level dungeons for the 'Water of Eternal life'."

"Take a break first," said Chloe, "you've been dungeoning for hours."

Aria shrugged, "It's only for a few more hours. After that ..." she choked. If Jace lost Lazarus, she too might lose interest in the Game she thought with a heavy heart. Playing Orc Wars would not be the same if Jace did not play.

Notification!

Chloe's laptop beeped at her.

"There's a message from Valentine!" she said excitedly.

Constantine and Valentine had promised to update the girls on their status since they could not 'watch'. At the same time, the girls would continue their search for the 'Water of Life' and 'Pearl of Life'. Time was of the essence.

Valentine : We have met the Bello and befriended her with the Witch's help. She is pretty cute but very powerful. I mean seriously over powered in a low key kinda way.

Jinx : Pretty cute? Pretty or cute?

Valentine: Is that a trick question? Why would you mention appearance over her awesome abilities?

Jinx : Logout and I'll show you! >.<

Valentine : Can't. Something has happened. Laz keeps freaking out now and Constantine is being attacked.

Jinx : Wait. What?!

Valentine : Updating you now that Laz has calmed down for a bit. It's getting pretty bad. The poison is in its last stages. Also, someone is attacking Constantine's Shield at the Stronghold. He will port there to check it out. I'll stay with Laz to protect him. He is not in any condition to fight or defend himself.

Jinx : O'kay. I will let the others know. We will be on standby.

Valentine : Thanks. And Jinx?