Chapter 104 - Thalasis

The cosy chamber was occupied by the most important beings in the realm. The Overlord casually surveyed the odd group before him. His black beady eyes looked upon Kalthu, the Warlord, his first-born in pride then at Thalasis, his Holy Seer. She had also proven her worth and loyalty during the coup. Kasakh, Sharak's spawn and their only means to unlocking the Banished One's works, was also there sitting quietly gnawing contently on a raw meaty bone. Next were the pale ones, Lazarus, Valentine and Constantine. The interesting fierce white predator was also nearby and happily chomping on fresh meat on the floor.

Never in his life could he have foreseen sharing a meal with such creatures. He was actually eating with the fabled ghost lords, the damned foretold destroyers of the land! However, in light of recent events, there seemed to be something wrong with the Prophecy. There must be. The ghost lords were going to save his son and thus save the land, not the other way round. How could they destroy it? They did not seem interested in conquering his world neither did they show any interest in ruling his people. They came specifically to find a cure for the nauk dzi vras because one of their own was poisoned, not to start a war. The humans were genuinely interested only in pursuing the poison's cure. Could the original Seer possibly have misinterpreted the Prophecy? Impossible! Ahhh, he was getting a headache. He would voice his concerns to Thalasis in private later. Maybe she could enlighten him.

Before him were platters of delicious chunky meat, some still on their bones, fresh from the hunt. He wrinkled his nose at the human's choice of food; the Overlord could not understand why anyone would want to eat charred meat or more than the minimum of fruits and greens required. But his hunters had provided for them as Thalasis counselled. She knew more of this kind of thing.

Conversation had revolved around the recent coup but now had steered to more mundane topics.

"So you are saying that Sharak's works have all been translated and sent to the ghost lord in their realm?"

Kasakh paused in her eating to answer Kalthu. "Yes Warlord."

"How?"

Kasakh shrugged her green shoulders indicating the ghost lords' ways were beyond her and continued with her meal.

Valentine spoke up. "She translated it and gave it to me. I emailed Isis a copy to see if she could make anything out of it."

"Emailed? What's that?"

"Ummm," the Thief wrinkled his fair brow confounded. How to explain emailing and attaching files to a fictional orc? He turned to Lazarus for help.

"It's a form of instant communication we have," said the Assassin keeping it simple.

"Instant communication?" Kalthu echoed in awe. They could communicate with each other even when they were not in the same place. "The ghost lords' ways are indeed unfathomable."

"This Isis you speak of, she was the one healing everyone during the battle," the Overlord said piecing the pieces. "She has great power. I hope she finds something in Sharak's work to help."

"Do not worry Overlord. She will let us know when she does. We are in constant communication despite being in different places."

"Is that possible?"

"Yes, it is My Lord."

Then the Thief caught Kalthu's attention. "Sharak sent you to our home in search of something. May we know what it was?" he asked curiously. The question had been bugging him for some time.

The Warlord hesitated. It was highly classified information. Only Sharak, the Overlord and he knew of this matter.

"Pleassse, Overlord, grant him leave to ssspeak of it. The humansss may be of help. We ssshould all know to be able to pool our knowledge. Time is running out for the dark one," she indicated Lazarus. "If he perisshesses, there is no one else as qualified to help the jaav ukon nor will there be any need for the othersss to carry on sssearching."