Chapter 132 - Annazzosh

Valentine was glaring at the Bello daring her to touch Lazarus.

"I'm warning you Bello, don't poke him with your fingernails yet! It's too soon. I'll tell you when."

"Myutt, myutt!" she argued. "Bel-lo?"

"How should I know?" came Valentine's agitated reply. He was anxious and unsure of what to do. Inject Laz with the Annazzosh now or wait? What if the antidote was not ready? What if Sharak had screwed up and it didn't work? Laz would be dead. The Thief grimaced, Laz would still be doomed if he didn't do anything.

The Bello nudged Lazarus' body experimentally but his eyes stayed shut. "Bello," she persuaded the motionless human in a soft cajoling voice and continued to elaborate. "Bel-looo, bel-lo, bello!"

"Laz? What did she say?"

But only silence greeted him in the group link. Lazarus was too busy using all his Energies to endure his torture. Anya was supporting her Chosen by supplementing some of her own wolfy Energies to him, something never done before by a NPC. A familiar's potent strength and energy was exactly what he needed right now. Tania stayed respectfully silent. Her already grief stricken sister was barely keeping herself together. The only thing keeping her grounded was what little help she was able to provide her Chosen. If Lazarus died now whilst they were all mind-linked, Anya might just snap losing her mind and go rabid.

Valentine sighed. Poor me. He was on his own.

"I bet you are making a really good argument. Too bad I can't understand you," the Thief said.

"Myutt."

The Bello bent over the Assassin's body sniffing delicately. Her pert human nose wrinkled up as she moved her head slowly over his still form. Suddenly she stopped, shook her head and snorted, sneezing cutely. "Myutt, myutt."

"What?"

The Bello pointed to Lazarus' chest. "Myutt," she said solemnly. Using three tentacles she tried to open his shirt but the complicated leather ties, buckles and buttons defeated her. Pausing a moment, she ripped apart the cloth and leather, exposing the Assassin's bare chest.

"Whoa!! Don't do that!" yelled Valentine in fright. "He's just recovering from some issues. You're gonna freak him out!!"

"Myutt," replied the Bello triumphant ignoring the anxious Thief. She did not care about human issues. The Witch said that she must give the cold lifeless one the Annazzosh for him to overcome the nasty nauk dzi vras. It was risky but it was the only way to save him and she was going to do just that. He was hers to save. She trusted the Witch. When the human was saved and whole, he would keep her fed. She would never go hungry again.

The horrible stench permeating from the cold one was the strongest at the ugly spot just below his heart. She studied the ragged scar on his fair skin. That must be where the nauk dzi vras had entered his body, so that is where she should inject her Annazzosh for best results. She hated the stink of the Vogeruks! She would get rid of it.

"Hang on. We should wait, the potion isn't ready yet. What if ..."

The Bello pouted exasperatedly at the fussing human but continued rearranging her limbs strategically on Lazarus. She had more than enough tentacles to hold him down when her poison took effect.

"Myutt."

"But ..."

"Myutt, myutt," she cut him off.

A wave of relief washed over him when Valentine saw the Witch approaching.

"You talk to her. She wants to poison him now," complained the Thief. "Stubborn squid," he muttered.