Chapter 149 - Farewell

After a while, Lazarus got up.

"I think we can excuse ourselves now. This celebration promises to go well into the night and probably into morning too. We are not needed here anymore."

"Now, can we go home and log out?" asked Valentine is a long-suffering voice.

Constantine laughed at his friend's discomfort.

The large hall hushed as the three Ghost Lords stood up in unison. They had said their good-byes in private to the Overlord, Warlord and jaav ukon earlier.

Thalasis had given Lazarus a letter and a small box of powder for Isis.

"We are indebted to the Ghosst Lord Ississs. A ssmall token of gratitude to the human Priestessss. Tell her that her gift to me wasss invaluable and very much appreciated. It helped usss regain our sstrength and morale at the mosst crucial time."

Lazarus had accepted the Gift and promised to deliver it to Isis personally.

Jarrakg had taken Constantine aside too.

"Ghost Lord," he said gruffly. "Red Warlock ... I know the savage Barbarian is yours but please give this to her." He pressed a carefully wrapped bundle onto Constantine's hands. "A Gift from a warrior to another warrior," he added hurriedly afraid to offend the great spell caster.

"What's this?"

"It's a spear head I made myself from orc granite. It is unbreakable, very sharp and will make a great weapon. Tell her, Jarrakg thinks of her as a great warrior and ... and ..." the battle scarred Second In-Command trailed off as he ran out of words to express himself.

Constantine's jaw dropped and he stared in surprised at the silent orc for a moment. The orc had a crush on Kirana!! Wait, seriously? A mischievous smirk slowly formed on his handsome chiselled features. Oh my God!! An NPC had a crush on his sister!! He hoped with all his heart that Sophia was watching this on his ipad! He would never let her hear the end of this! Never!! Ha, ha, ha!

The tough orc was taking a huge risk showing such interest in the Barbarian and asking the powerful Ghost Lord for such a personal favour. After all, Kirana was supposed to be his lover ... ingame. But the great Red Warlock decided to be magnanimous, after all, Jarrakg was providing him endless fodder to tease his twin. What could be better than that?

"It is alright. I will convey your heartfelt message, yes?" he said with a straight face. An orc hopelessly in love was a funny thing indeed! Simtrixx was evil, yes? But he was going to be more evil!! What fun he was going to have with Sophia!!

Meanwhile Kasakh, the green orc had cornered Valentine. She had bonded with the Thief when he had shown her kindness and fed her delicious fresh meat. The Banished One's spawn had been all alone then and hunted by Mallarg's Imperial warriors. She had been starving, frightened and lost.

"Thank you Ghost Lord. You appeared at the right time. I was so lost when my Father died."

"No problem, Kasakh. You were a big help to us."

"Tell your wolf she is welcome here anytime. I will repay her meat a thousand times over and maybe she will forgive me for eating hers."

"What? A thousand times more?" Valentine grinned. "She will definitely forgive you. I only promised her three times more ... or was it five?"

"I forgive her!!!" a mental voice sounded in his head. "I like her very much!"

Valentine shook his head laughing. He could visualise Tania wagging her tail and bounding around excitedly.