Chapter 150 -Ruckus

The three Gatekeepers and the alien Boss emerged into the rubble of the ruined orc city.

Constantine, Warlock, Level 96

Valentine, Thief, Level 93

Lazarus, Assassin, Level 92

Bello, Boss (NPC)

Behind them, the whirling darkness slowed down, stopped and faded away as the Portal deactivated. Its middle disappeared completely leaving only an empty pearly grey frame. The solid pentagon was cold and empty again. The five identical niches at each juncture were also empty.

"What happened to the Orbs?" asked Valentine.

"I don't know. Maybe it was used up when we activated the Portal to go through. That way others who come along will have space for their Orbs, yes? They cannot cheat and use ours and go through the activated Portal, no?"

"That makes sense."

Suddenly the sky lighted up with notifications.

Congratulations! You are the first Group to return safely from the Orc Realm successfully.

LIFESTONE GROUP QUEST : COMPLETED (2/2)

Find the Lifestone : COMPLETED by Lord Valentine

Return the Lifestone to the Ghost Lords' Realm : COMPLETED by Lord Lazarus

Group Reward : 500,000 XP points, 1,000,000 gold coins, One Familiar Slot unlocked, Destroyer Skin, Warrior Box Set (Please check your inventory)

A sense of euphoria enveloped the trio.

"Wow! Just wow," sighed Valentine in satisfaction. He had a huge smile plastered on his handsome face. "I guess the Lifestone in your blood also counts," he said clapping the Assassin on his back.

"We did it, yes?" Constantine jumped and high-fived Valentine. "We really did! We are the best! We are so awesome!!"

Lazarus glanced at the awestruck Bello beside him. The purple Boss was still quiet for now. She was clinging tightly to him and surveying her surroundings curiously. She sniffed the air experimentally.

"We sure did. Thanks guys," the Assassin's voice cracked with emotion.

Lazarus couldn't believe it. With his friends' unwavering help, loyal support and constant encouragement, he had done it. They had helped him in the impossible task of regaining his Health, without which he would have been forced to quit the Game. In doing so, they had also helped him complete the Lifestone mission.

Valentine cleared his throat noisily and pretended nonchalance. "What for?"

"You know, for helping with the Bello quests, fighting Mallarg and figuring out the antidote to cure me. I couldn't have done it without you two and the others. Your Familiars died there too."

"Hey, I only followed for the adventure, yes?" said Constantine blatantly ignoring the fact that he had badgered Lazarus into letting him go along in the first place. "I wanted to see the orc realm without having to do all your tedious Trials, yes? I told you so at the beginning, no?" But the Red Warlock was blinking rapidly and looking everywhere but at the Assassin.

"And I only went to orc land with you cause ... cause fighting monsters there would enable me to level up faster. You know dungeoning there gives much more XP and besides you needed a bodyguard. You were so weak and ... and ..." The Thief was cut off by a bear hug from the Assassin. The Red Warlock too was pulled into the impromptu group hug.