Chapter 118 - Revelation

"Why can't I log in?" Chloe grumbled.

"Hmmm, let me check," Sophia said. "Ahhh, I see, Orc Wars is down for maintenance. There is a notice on its official page."

"Good. That will force everyone to rest a while. What time did they log off again?" Gwen asked as she surveyed the lifeless bodies littering the floor.

Jace was curled up on his side, dark hair in his face. A few feet away, Ash sprawled face down, half on and half off his sleeping bag. Lorenzo's leg was over Ash's back, his face hidden under a stolen blanket. His abused sleeping bag had been kicked away and lay crumpled under the coffee table.

Aria smiled in amusement and Chloe giggled. "I don't know but omigosh, they look so cute sleeping." She squatted next to the blond youth and poked him, "... especially Ash."

"Is this how boys usually sleep?" Aria asked. She did not have siblings. Chloe shrugged, she did not have brothers.

"Aiiyaiyai, yes! And you are so lucky not to have a brother." Sophia rolled her eyes. "Hey Gwen, do you still want Lorenzo? I will give him to you for only a small price of a delicious breakfast, yes? I'm hungry."

Gwen sat up and yawned. Sleepovers were fun. It had been forever since her last slumber party. She looked around and grinned. "I'll exchange Jace for Lorenzo," she said and poked Jace with her toe. "Is that o'kay with you, Jace?"

"Mhmm-mmm."

"What I can't hear you. Is it o'kay?"

"Yeah, sure, whatever ..." Jace murmured sleepily as he turned over and went back to sleep.

Gwen chortled and held up her phone. "Yes! I recorded his agreement. Now Jace is officially yours and Lorenzo is mine," she said grinning wickedly. Then she sobered, "But come to think of it, I can't have Lorenzo, I'm older than him."

"It's o'kay Gwen, it's just for fun. Don't take it so seriously. Anyway you are only a couple of years older than us. No big deal. Take him, please!"

"Fine, I'll just keep him then. He is so adorable and entertaining."

Sophia laughed. "But now that I 'officially' have Jace ... I can't keep him."

"Why not?"

"Because Aria likes him," Sophia teased the blushing Goth girl.

"Really? You interested in him? Quick, make a trade with Sophia and stake your claim. I can get him to agree to anything now when he is half asleep!" she said waving her trusty phone.

Before Aria could open her mouth, Sophia cut in. "I will trade Jace for ... aiyayayai, I can't think of anything!"

Aria smiled shyly but her eyes twinkled with mischief. "I will give you whatever you want in the future."

"An IOU! Nice!" Sophia agreed nodding her head. "Deal!"

Gwen winked and held her phone up. She jabbed her brother, disturbing his slumber yet again. "Jace? Deal? Is it o'kay if Sophia trades you to Aria for an IOU. It is a sweet deal right?"

He groaned and flopped onto his stomach covering his head with his arms. "Leave me alone Gwen ... just a few more minutes."

She shook his shoulder again. "Just say 'Deal' and I'll let you sleep. JACE!!"

"Oh my God, seriously! O'kay, deal, DEAL!! Now go away."

The girls giggled. Vera laughed shaking her head. Chloe chortled, "Poor Jace and you have evidence too."

"C'mon. Let's wash up, get breakfast started then we can wake them up. Maybe by that time Orc Wars will be back online."

Hidden under his arms, a half smile formed on Jace's lips.