Chapter 49 - Energy Play Part 1

"What are they trying to do?" Dimitri asked Lazarus. He was standing on the walls with his lord, the big white wolf and the other ghost lord, Isis, Priestess Level 72. The wind blew at her soft white gold trimmed robes giving her an otherworldly presence. The Priestess was intimidating indeed. She emanated a powerful aura, of which one of such high level should.

She answered, "They are trying to figure out their next move. By now, they should have seen me up here and are probably aware of the new stakes."

Dimitri nodded in agreement. Twenty to two powerful ghost lords were much better stakes in his opinion. Maybe now his lord might have a chance to survive this siege? He heartily approved of this Priestess, she seemed more mature and older than his lord. She was definitely a big help.

She turned to the Battle Master, "Do not fret Battle Master. I've also mobilised my troops. They are on the march here."

"I wonder if they would ...?" she mused aloud.

"What?" Lazarus asked. "Oh, hang on. Val is messaging me."

Valentine : We are all here, me, Jinx and Nyx. Let us in, yeah? We'll port over.

Lazarus : Okay. Come on in, I've opened a window at the usual spot. You have 60 seconds.

"What did he say?" Isis asked.

Lazarus smiled. "He is coming in with some friends."

Dimitri looked up, eyes bright with hope. If Lord Valentine was here as well, that would definitely be even better. He wondered who those friends were. Things were looking up.

Three figures and one tawny wolf materialised in the court yard below them. The Thief in blue and white led the other ghost lords, a lady Barbarian and an Assassin.

Valentine, Thief Level 76

Jinx, Barbarian Level 45

Nyx, Assassin Level 60

"My Lord?" Dimitri sought confirmation from Lazarus, his hand on his battle axe. He knew only Lord Valentine and Tania. The others were suspect.

"Friends."

"Yes, My Lord." The Battle Master relaxed and studied the newcomers. The odds now were twenty to five.

Tania came up to sniff noses with Anya.

"I am here."

"Well met sister."

"When can we start biting people?"

"Wait for it," Anya snorted. "You will probably get to bite them before me. My chosen has some boring things to do here."

Tania made a noise which sounded suspiciously like a laugh. "Poor you."

"Val, you made it," Lazarus greeted Valentine. "Nyx ..." he nodded to the female assassin, who was grinning her head off. " ... and Jinx?" he looked at Valentine.

Valentine coughed, "Yeah. Suits her don't you think. The current jinx of my life."

The Barbarian hit him on the arm, "You mean your one and only. I'll certainly jinx you if you dare to find another!!" Then she laughed merrily. "Hi, everyone! It's so exciting. I'm in Lazarus's City!"

Lazarus smiled. Seriously, Jinx / Chloe's excitement was contagious. One would think she didn't know how serious the situation was. He glanced at Nyx, she was staring open-mouthed at Isis. He got the hint.