Chapter 141 - Enrage Mode

Lazarus was aware of Constantine's collapse. He resisted the strong urge to turn and look when he heard his friend's loud groan. Mallarg was gone and the rift had closed but the enemy were still coming at them thick and fast. To lose focus at this crucial time was to lose his life. The Assassin shot again killing another two hounds gaining him a few seconds. He couldn't help it, Lazarus swirled around for a quick glance.

"Val! Check Constantine!" he called to the Thief who was nearer the fallen Warlock

"On it!!"

Status check.

Constantine, Health 24 per cent, Energy 6 per cent

"Constantine! Are you alright?" yelled Valentine. "You got him, right? Did it work? Is the portal closed?" A short pause. "Are you hurt badly?"

The Red Warlock groaned again. He was so ridiculously tired. He needed to drink some Energy potions to boost his strength but he couldn't even move. His limbs felt like lead. Constantine sighed, he'd better reassure them or his friends will be distracted from their fight. They were worried for him. Lazarus kept glancing his way in between shots and Valentine kept shouting at him.

"Hey! Constantine! Answer me."

Slash, jump, strike! Withdraw, turn and downward stroke on a thick canine neck. Valentine jumped nimbly away as lava blood splattered out. His actions were rewarded when the ferocious growl was suddenly silenced.

"Are you going to die? Hey, don't die yet o'kay?"

Still moving, the handsome Thief continued by reaching into his Inventory pouch and throwing melee bombs into the swarming packs. Cold blasts caught the hounds unawares cooling their bodies at a phenomenal rate. The sudden drop in temperature solidified the flowing lava blood, pressuring the canine bodies from within. Within seconds, they crumbled, imploding magnificently.

While his bombs did their work, the Thief continued with his own attacks. He executed one powerful attack after another, disembowelling creatures left and right. Molten blood flowed freely before NPC bodies disintegrated. The immediate area around him soon cleared.

"Constantine! Constantine? Answer me! I know you are not dead. I can still see your avatar sitting there! Constan-tiiiine!"

"Aiiyayayayai!! So noisy! So many questions."

The after effects of Enrage mode were devastating and Constantine needed time to recover. He was utterly exhausted.

"Ohhhhh, the endless chatter! Why do you still have so much energy?" groaned the tired Hero. He lifted his voice to answer; it was the only way to shut Valentine up.

"I'm o'kay. Just tired. I will recharge first, yes?" he assured them. "Protect me. I need strength for another major Spell."

"Will do," Lazarus signed, not bothering to shout across the snarling beasts and continued shooting. Constantine was o'kay. The Assassin turned his full concentration back to the fight at hand. He released his last few shots before switching to his twin blades. The time of ranged fighting was over; the hounds were getting too close. It was time for close combat.

"Ahhh! Why didn't you say so?"

Constantine rolled his eyes behind his friend's back.

"I knew you were o'kay! No problem, Constantine. Take your time. Drink a couple of potions. We got this," yelled Valentine. "C'mon Raider, it's time to go get more XP (Experience Points)!"

The blond Hero exchanged his bow for his favourite short ranged weapon. He unsheathed his upgraded long sword ready to activate his awesome Thief's special Skill which unlocked at level 90. With 'AllSteal' his sword would steal anything and everything from the enemy. It was time to go raiding. This Skill was inherent in only in a high level Thief's Enrage mode. He wondered what special Assassin Skill Laz had unlocked.