Chapter 155 - Emails

The rest of the day was uneventful.

Tuesday came and went.

Wednesday passed by quietly.

Thursday ...

... and still not a peep from Kirin Group. Head Office's deafening silence was driving Zen crazy. He couldn't concentrate on anything.

Finally, Friday came and with it emails galore.

---

To : zen_saito@simtrixx.com

From : Suri-ethics@kiringroup.com

Re : Disciplinary Action – Zen, Simtrixx Orc Wars Project

With regards to your actions of manipulating NPCs in the Orc Wars Game affecting the player 'Lazarus' which is a violation of the company's code of professional conduct, the Disciplinary Board has decided to issue you a 'Level 3 Warning'.

After much deliberation, we have concluded that your actions and instructions resulting in direct interference of three main NPCs namely, the 'Witch', 'Thalasis' and the 'Bello', and numerous other supporting NPCs was to 'level' the playing field for 'Lazarus'. We understand that your actions were in direct response to third party manipulations on said player's avatar. However, you should have reported the incident rather than take 'counter measures' yourself.

Please be warned that any reoccurrence of the incident or similar incidents in the future will result in more severe disciplinary action and may even be cause for dismissal.

Regards,

Suri

Ethics Department, Kirin Group

---

Huh? That's it? Thought Zen incredulously. Was Suri serious? He had to make sure. What did she mean only a Level Three warning? That was just a slap on his wrist compared to the gross violation he did.

---

To : Suri-ethics@kiringroup.com

From : zen_saito@simtrixx.com

Re : Disciplinary Action – Zen, Simtrixx Orc Wars Project

Hi Suri,

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand. Only a "Level 3 Warning'?

What about the others? I stand by what I said. I accept ALL responsibility. It was wholly and solely my idea as I have confessed to you after the meeting.

Regards,

Zen

Orc Wars Games Master, Simtrixx Corporation

---

To : zen_saito@simtrixx.com

From : Suri-ethics@kiringroup.com

Re : Disciplinary Action – Zen, Simtrixx Orc Wars Project

Off the record – Count yourself lucky Zen. You only messed with the NPCs not an actual Player. Players are our real customers. NPCs are technically still under the control of the company and are company assets. If you had done anything to any of the players involved, no one could have helped you.

The others, Damon (Simtrixx Creative), Adam (Simtrixx Editing) and those who followed their instructions were given Level Two warnings. Nothing too serious. You were the ringleader after all!

Oh, btw congrats! ;)

Regards,

Suri

Ethics Department, Kirin Group