Chapter 51 - Counter Attack

Nyx came forward. "Shhh! Listen. They are scared."

Outside there was a shocked silence. Then a commotion rose as the Heroes outside the walls went into confusion.

Message.

Allegra : I'm almost there. Leave some fun for me!

Valentine broke into an evil laugh. "Allegra is almost here. She wants some action."

Isis tilted her head. "As it so happens, my Battle Master is also arriving at any moment. He said he was done twiddling his thumbs at home."

Nyx and Jinx coughed. Lazarus turned to them, "Not you too?"

"Guilty!" replied an unrepentant Jinx and nudged Nyx. The Barbarian laughed. "This is our chance to fight with you and for you. Do you think we would let it go by?"

"So four armies are headed this way?"

Dimitri cleared his throat loudly, grinning broadly. "My lord, if I may be so bold. Our soldiers are getting antsy."

"Antsy?"

"They want to fight too." He glanced at Lady Jinx. He liked the Barbarian. She was a woman of action. "They want to fight with you and for you," he quoted her. She laughed and punched one fist into the air.

"Right on, Battle Master!!"

Lazarus snorted. He was surrounded by bloodthirsty people. "Okay, give me five minutes to recover, then we will fight."

"Yes My Lord!" Dimitri saluted in glee, then raised his voice to the waiting troops. "Attention! Standby for signal. Calvary!! Infantry!!"

Dimitri continued with abandon, "Machines, get ready to fire!!"

"I thought I said five minutes ..." Lazarus muttered.

"Your five minutes are officially up, My Lord. Please lower the Shield. We must attack them now when they are shocked and confused, while we still have the element of surprise."

Lazarus sighed. So much for being a 'Lord', he was being bullied by his pushy NPC Battle Master. "But we too are recovering and in disarray," he protested. The other Heroes were also all still pale and recovering despite their enthusiasm.

"Only you five ghost lords are. We are not," Dimitri indicated the eagerly waiting fighting units stationed below them and around the perimeter. "It's our turn to fight."

"That's true," Valentine grinned.

"Whose side are you on?" he grumbled at the Thief.

Valentine smirked and quipped, "The side which offers the most fun."

"Okay then," the Battle Master's defeated lord relented. Lazarus drew in a deep breath. "Here we go again ... Aarrgghhh!!"

Valentine jumped in fright. "What? What's happening?"

"Laz!!" Isis cried in alarm.

Lazarus had frozen with a grimace on his face. His whole body spasm as they heard a loud angry buzzing sound. Green, blue, black and orange electricity crawled madly all over the city Shield, outlining its dome shape clearly.

"Get back, get back!" the assassin grunted at the sudden energy onslaught. "I can't control ... can't contain ... !"

"Everyone, get back. He is going to explode!"

"But!!" Nyx could not wrap her head around what was happening. Didn't they just kill four of the enemy? How did they get back so fast? They were supposed to be on cool down, or did more warlocks join them?