Chapter 151 - Home

The Battle Master and Keeper greeted Lazarus when he appeared at the gates.

"My Lord! You are back!!" exclaimed the Keeper with tears in her eyes.

"Welcome back boy!" said the Battle Master gruffly. His young lord had made it. Thank the Gods.

"Yeah, it's good to be back."

Lazarus smiled and waved at several NPCs who shouted greetings at their long lost Lord enthusiastically. It was so good to be home.

"I've got news. I have brought back a monster from the orc realm. She is under my protection and will not harm anyone here. Inform Illia (Keeper) and Adam (Battle Master) in my other City. This includes them as she will be free to move between both Cities."

"Yes, My Lord," said the Keeper briskly. Finally she had some good news to tell her daughter. Previous communications had been about their Lord's deteriorating health and continued absence. Illia had been so relieved when Lazarus recovered from the nauk dzi vras.

"A monster? Ahh, you mean like Pixel? The stallion came here a few times looking for you My Lord. I gave him some hay and treats."

"Thank you."

He should visit Pixel and see how his blue tailed friend was doing. Maybe now the proud NPC would let him ride him? Then the Assassin grinned. Wishful thinking. A proud stallion with his own herd did not let anyone ride him.

"She is the Bello who saved me. Her special toxin countered the orc's poison," continued the Assassin. "She will arrive soon with Anya. Do not be alarmed, she is quite big."

"How big?" asked the Battle Master.

"She is quite large ..." said Lazarus absent-mindedly as he touched the air directly in front of him.

The veteran fighter waited patiently for his Lord's answer. He was used to the Ghost Lords' way by now. Lord Lazarus had that intense expression on his face and his fingers were busy tapping the empty space in front of him. The boy was in the midst of exercising his Ghost Lord's powers.

"Hmmm ..." Lazarus pursed his lips.

He needed to buy the grids with the lake behind the mountain so that it would be part of his City. If he did not, it would remain free land and the Bello in it would not be under his City's direct protection.

"... I think we will need the lake behind the mountain, the one with a river branch running through the City. She lives in water."

Quickly he checked his Treasury, highlighted the grids and bought the large clear lake. He was careful to include the two paths leading to it and ensured that it joined directly to his current City grids. Now it was possible to follow the river straight to the lake without having to exit the City gates. Two new sentry posts were created at the paths leading to it marking it as Lazarus' territory.

Purchase successful. Lord Lazarus's City has been expanded.

The corresponding grids turned green. Lazarus winced when the gold count dropped. The Keeper was going to kill him.

"Which part of the lake?" asked the Battle Master.

"She will need the whole lake."

The old veteran's eyebrows shot up. That big?

Lazarus chortled at the warrior's reaction. "Not to worry old friend. She is our ally and friend. Her allegiance is to me."

He nodded. "I will make preparations and send word out that the creature arriving with the wolf is friendly." Then he broke into a smile, "If she is anything like Anya, the kids will have a field day. They love Anya."