44

Jungkook's POV

Jungkook's POV

"Sora. She's the one behind this."

"Wha-what?" I exclaimed silently. My voice is shaking upon hearing Aunty Sora's name.

"You asked me about what really happened the night of the accident, right?" Mr. Choi asked me but I wasn't able to respond because of shock.
"So I am telling you now everything that I know. Sora wanted me to kill her husband's bastard Seina that night."

I suddenly felt nervous inside my chest. I feel breathless, like running in a wide field, catching my breath.
"Wh-why would she do that?"

"I don't know the exact reason. All I know is the night before the accident, she found out that Mr. Kim will take Seina away from here. So Sora hired me and ordered me to hit the car they're riding. But I didn't know that her daughter Haena was inside the car as well."

I gulp while listening to Mr. Choi, feeling extremely surprised by this shocking revelation.

"She promised she will help me get out from here. But she broke it. She broke her promise because it turns out that I killed her daughter instead of Seina. I wanted to say the truth to the police but she frightened me to kill my family if I do it." Mr. Choi clenches the voice recorder he was holding. Anger is visible to his eyes.

I feel my sight is suddenly spinning, so I put my head down and lean my hands on the nearest table.

Author's POV

Jungkook walked out of the building with weak and trembling knees. He leans his arm on the wall to support his body from stumbling. He still can't believe with the revelations he just discovered from Mr. Choi.

'I can't believe this. After all this time, she blamed Sana for Haena's death, where in fact she should take the blame. How could Aunty Sora blame her?'

Jungkook can't breathe properly, feeling a lump on his throat. His heartbeat is pounding rapidly. Suddenly, he remembered the night Sana told him about the moment before the accident happens.