40: Lies and Broken Promises

Sana is staring blankly at the note she found along with the photos

"Jungkook knows everything. He knows about your relationship with Haena. He lied to you all this time!"

Tears suddenly drop on the paper as she clenches her hand on it. She held her chest cause she felt it tighten even more this time.

"Wait. No, Jungkook doesn't have other friends aside from us. And we don't have a friend who is studying abroad. And you said 'her'? We don't even have female friends."
Jimin's words are repeating in her mind.

"Yes, Mr. Jeon Jungkook is the owner of your unit, Miss."
She also recalled what the receptionist said when she contacted the front desk a while ago.

'Why did Jungkook lie to me? He promised no more secrets between us. He promised he won't lie to me again. Why he broke his promise to me?'

Sana has a lot of questions in her head now. She can't stop crying. She never thought Jungkook broke his promise to her. He broke her trust.

 He broke her trust

Jungkook's POV

I'm smiling while looking at the bouquet of white roses I'm holding now while waiting for the elevator to go up on Sana's unit. I passed by to the flower shop to buy these beautiful flowers for Sana. My smile suddenly turns to a bitter one when I remember about my confession to her later. I know Sana will get mad at me. But I'm praying that she will forgive me for hiding it.
I hope she will forgive me because she loves me, as what Taehyung said to me. That's what I am holding on this time.

I lifted my head when I heard the elevator dinged. I finally arrive on the floor. I walk towards Sana's unit and places my thumb on the scanner. I took a deep sigh before entering.

To my surprise, it was dark. The lights are off.

'Is Sana really got home?'

"Sana-ssi?" I called her name but no one answers.

I went to the side where the switch is located to turn the lights on.
I was startled to see the glass sliding door open. I put down the flowers on the table and walk to the sliding door's direction and peek on the balcony.
There I saw Sana standing at the balcony while looking at the Namsan Tower.