39

Jungkook's POV

Jungkook's POV

"Who are you?" Mr. Choi asked me right after the jail officer left us in the room. We are now sitting across each other.

I gulp and took a deep breath before I utter a word.
"I'm Jeon Jung Kook, I am here to ask you some questions, Mr. Choi." I said plainly looking straight to his eyes.

His eyebrows knitted and I heard him scoff while shaking his head.
"I don't know you, so why am I going to answer your questions? You're just wasting your time." He replied. He stood up and about to walk out.

"Do you remember Haena and Seina?" I immediately said to stop him.
He was frozen when he heard the names.

"They were inside the car you crashed with. I know you know that Haena is not the only person inside the car."
I continued. His eyes are looking everywhere. He looks like he's panicking internally.

"I just want to ask if you knew anything about this? Or did you intentionally hit their car? And if yes, who is behind it?" I asked directly. I badly want to know the truth.

"No, I don't know what you're talking about." He said not looking to my eyes. Taehyung said if he's avoiding my gaze, he's definitely not telling the truth. But why is he lying?

"I know you're lying, Mr. Choi. Just tell me the truth about what really happened that night." I firmly said.
He stared on the floor. I took the chance to corner him.

"I know you're just pretending to be a truck driver. Tell me who's behind this? Who ordered you to do that?" I said. I didn't notice I'm already clenching my fist.
He's not responding and not even moving any muscle on his body. He is literally frozen. I can see he's starting to sweat. I smirk. I knew it. I caught him. His body language shows his nervousness. If it's really an accident he wouldn't react like this.

"I can help you.."

"I said I don't know what you're talking about!!" He yells at me and slams the table with his palms and that shuts me from talking.
"What else do you want from me?! I'm already here in jail and I'm paying the price for 2 years now! Isn't it enough for you?!" He shouted again.

I was startled and I heard the door open and the officer yelled at Mr. Choi for making a scene. Mr. Choi said he wants to go back inside. They walked out of the room and head back inside the cell.
I took a deep sigh and shook my head. I feel so disappointed. What should I do to make him confess?

I went out of the building with a down shoulder. I hop on inside the car and Taehyung abruptly asked how's my conversation with Mr. Choi.

"It didn't turn out well. I didn't get something from him. He yelled at me instead. He's very defensive, Tae. I know he's hiding something."

Taehyung crossed his arms and rubs his chin after with furrowed eyebrows.
"What if someone threatened him if he will tell the truth?" I quickly turn my head to Taehyung. It's possible. Maybe he's reacting like that because he was scared.