Enjoying the chase - Chapter 3

The picture on the side is Anna and Ashton's baby - Cameron!!! I didn't want to put it on one of the previous chapters in case it ruined anything for anyone reading NLTL but hopefully everyone knows now!! Lol so cute right?!??!!

Kirsty <3

...................................................................

Chapter 3

We chatted easily the whole trip, she was telling me about the school she was going to be working at. How she had graduated college but wasn't able to find a teaching job in her home town so she had to come to LA instead. She didn't really like LA much and was going to miss her mom who she would be leaving in Barstow. She was excited to finally have her dream job and be closer to Anna and her younger sister but would be leaving behind a lot too.

We talked a little about my job, well what I was allowed to tell her anyway which to be honest wasn't really that much. I continued to flirt and she continued to reject me, she was really funny and smart that I couldn't help but admire her put downs. The whole two hours there was not one awkward silence, usually I ran out of things to say to a girl after a little while which wouldn't be a problem as I'd just shove my tongue down her throat, but Rosie just seemed to capture my attention. I wanted to listen to her talk for some reason.

I noticed little things about her too that made me smile, like how she used her hands when she talked about something she was passionate about, or how she bit her bottom lip when she was concentrating. How she kept brushing the tendrils of hair back that had escaped around her face but they were slightly too short to go behind her ear so they would just fall back again immediately. How her brown eyes seemed to sparkle slightly from the dull train light that was above our heads.

When we pulled in at her station she smiled and stood up, "Thanks for making sure I got here player."

I stood up too and followed her to the door of the train, I really wanted to walk her to her door and make sure she got home ok. It was well after midnight and she shouldn't be walking the streets on her own.

"I'll just find out what time the next train is back to LA." I said following her off of the train to the little board that showed the times. There was a train leaving in five minutes and then another one in an hour which happened to be the last one then I'd be stuck here until six in the morning, shit I hope I don't miss that train as my captain would have my balls if I didn't show up at the raid tomorrow.

"How far away do you live?" I asked looking over the empty train station.

"It's only about ten minutes walk. Thanks for dinner and the company." She smiled.

"No worries." I took my jacket off and slipped it around her shoulders, discretely leaving my arm there too as I started leading her towards the main entrance.

She stopped and looked at me shocked, "Nate seriously, go get a seat before the train goes without you." She nodded back to the train that we'd just got off of, looking at me worriedly.