Ch. 3

After a long day, Lightning decides to rest. She waved to Tessa as they both finished getting to know each other.
She walked to a spot to rest, until seeing Crosshairs laying near the tree. She decided to sit next to him and watch the sunset together. Crosshairs opened his optics to see Lightning beside him; he raised his servo to her face and put it near her cheek. She blinked and looked down at him, then smiled.
"Glad you're with me, Light," he says.
 She held his servo, "be happy forever, Cross. I will always be there for you," she says.
Crosshairs smiled as he sat up and sat next to her as the sunsets. Lightning laid her helm on his shoulder.
"You know.. I've been waiting for you to find me," Lightning says.
"Why would you think I would never find you? I will always, in my spark," he says as he holds her servo. Crosshairs put a servo on her cheek and looked at her in the optics, "I don't know what you've been through all these years, but you are safe when you are with me, with the team. But out on your own, I wouldn't let you be in the lonely war. I am always by your side. Do not forget that."
Lightning felt proud of her brother for vowing to protect her. Though the war is happening still, they have time together. She laid on his chassis and smiled a bit, "thanks, Crosshairs."
He smiled and wrapped an arm around her.

The next morning

The sun was rising, giving light to shine to the Earth. Lightning opened her optics to see the sun shining right at her and Crosshairs.
"So, it wasn't a dream," Crosshairs says, looking at Lighting.
"No, I'm here now," Lighting assures him as she wrapped a servo around his chassis. They laid together for ten minutes before Crosshairs sat up.
"There's someone else I want you to meet," he tells her.
Lightning looks at him, confused before the two get up and exit the barn.
"Where is that Samurai?" Crosshairs mutters.
"Huh?"
"You'll see."

Lighting POV
I am not sure who else Crosshairs wants me to meet or why he's searching for Drift.
"Drift is in the house," Bumblebee tells us.
Huh? How can he be in the house? Crosshairs tells me to wait where we're standing as he goes to get Drift and their friend. I watch him walk away, perplexed at how Drift is in the house, and how Crosshairs plans to get Drift out of the house. No way it's a house built for the bots. Why would they sleep in the barn?
Bumblebee walks away before I can even ask him, rude.

Twenty minutes pass before Crosshairs and Drift are walking towards me. I see a human sitting on Drift's shoulder. I get a better look at this human. No, it can't be...
The human jumps off Drift as the mech approaches me and looks at me, shocked.
"I think they know each other, Crosshairs," Drift guesses.
"Jamie, you know Lightning Flares?"
"Yes," we both say in unison.
"But...I-I didn't know she was your sister. I-I would-," Jamie studders.
I crouch down and scope her up, "It's ok; I know you hid many Autobots. You did well."
"Do you know if the others are safe?" She asks, fear in her voice.
"No, I'm sorry, but I believe they're safe. You're the one who hid them. I've seen how determined you are. You had to have kept my brother and the others safe when you met them."
I don't like how upset Jamie is over this, nor do I not like how little time I spent with Jamie before N.E.S.T. was terminated. It's not like I chose not to; Jamie was still in school. At least she was fortunate enough to take part in major fights with the Decepticons. Though I always wondered how the hell could she keep up traveling to different dimensions?

I watched Crosshairs activate his holoform. Oh, duh, that's how I can help, but Crosshairs can do better.
"Hey, it's ok. What's important is Lighting is here with us," Crosshairs says as he hugs Jamie. Drift takes her once she's calm.
"What's wrong?" Crosshairs asks.
"I've known Jamie since coming to Earth with Optimus to find the AllSpark, but I know very little about her. Though the reason why is unwanted, you've had plenty of time to get to know Jamie." "And now you will," Crosshairs says, putting a hand on my shoulder, "you have all the time you'll need. She's not going home for a while."
I decided to leave Jamie alone for now. No doubt she's worried about the other Autobots she saved.

Jamie POV
If I knew Lightning Flares was Crosshairs' sister, I would have found her and made sure she was safe. I need to find the others, but there are still humans targeting the Autobots. Even if they're not a government team like Cemetery Wind or the TRF, I'd rather keep them safe. We haven't found any Autobot signals, and I can't sense them. That has to mean they're safe. Lighting is finally at a safe place.
With my breakfast made, I went to the guest room I've been staying in, sat on the bed, and cried over the possibility I failed so many Autobots.

Four hours later

Lightning POV
I haven't seen Jamie around the property for the past four hours. I grew concerned seeing Crosshairs and Drift talking with unhappy expressions. I'll let them handle this. Just hope Jamie didn't go back to her dimension. I tried to wait until the two finished talking, but I grew more anxious waiting. I walked up to them.
"...I think she just needs to be left alone," Crosshairs finished, but I can hear the concern in his voice.
"Maybe I can talk to her?" I suggest.
"You have a holoform?" Drift asks.
"How else would I survive being hunted?"

I walk towards the house before they could say anything and activated my holoform before walking into the house. I found the room Jamie is in only to find she's asleep. I doubt that's why I haven't seen her for four hours.
Well, I'll be spending time with Crosshairs while getting to know you, Jamie. I don't think he'll have a problem sharing me with you.
I left the house to tell Crosshairs and Drift not to let Jamie go home and my plan to spend time with her and Crosshairs.
"What if I want you to myself?" Crosshairs jokes, "no, I think you two could be good friends, but Drift will be with us."
I then find out Drift and Jamie are sort of together though I hate why Jamie won't go further with their relationship. Nothing I can do to help Drift with that. As we finish talking about a plan, Tessa interrupts and wants to resume getting to know each other. I go with her, still worried about Jamie, bothered how our reunion didn't go well.

Third-person
Two hours pass before Cade informs everyone he's found a signal but he can't identify if it's Autobot or Decepticon.
"There may be an Autobot out there, but we should prepare for the possibility it's a Decepticon trap," Optimus tells the others.
The debate over waiting until nightfall, but the thought that this might be an Autobot led Optimus to decide they'll head to the location now. All six Autobots and Jamie headed out to the location.

The gang reached the end of the forest, transformed, and hid behind trees.
"A ship in the middle of a wide-open field? Definitely a trap," Hound points out.
"For who, though? Us or another Autobot who'll need rescuing?" Jamie asks.
"She's right, we must infiltrate the ship," Optimus tells everyone.
This would not be easy since they'll be in the open and will be spotted immediately. Lightning reminded them of her cloaking ability and Jamie added in her cloaking ability. Optimus has the two take care of any guards around the ship. The two femme took care of the guards in seconds. The two femme are no longer invisable.
"Ok, either whoever is in the ship has weak guards or this is a trap," Jamie points out before everyone rushes into the ship immediately met by fifteen more gaurds, which are taken down no problem before everyone splits up. Lightning walks down a hallway, unsure what she's looking for. She comes across more guards.
Someone needs a lot of security.
"Hm? What's with the sudden surprise, mates?" She asked.
The guards looked at each other until Lightning launched herself in the air, throwing her feather blades at them, killing them off.
"We are now attacked by an Auto-ARGH!!"
Lightning smirked, "attacked by who? Your worst nightmare, of course."
With the guards killed, Lightning continued walking until she unknowingly stepped on a net, she had no time to run before she was caught in the net.
"You're not the one I wanted, but you'll do," a voice said.
"Show yourself!!" Lighting heard the footsteps, they sounded like a Cybertronian, but this robot didn't look like a Cybertronian. To Lightning, this appeared to be a suite for a human. How the hell did a human figure out how to replicate a Cybertronian signal?
"I didn't want an Autobot. Nevertheless, they'll be looking for you. I must relocate and set a trap for my target."
Lightning couldn't figure out if this human was a femme or mech. The suite muffled their voice and she could barely understand them. something shocked her to stasis and hit the ground.

"Has anyone heard from Light?" Crosshairs asked.
Drift tried to commlink her but shook his helm, "nothing. Communication link towards hers is static."
"Damaged commlink," Hound adds.
"Where did she go to?" Bumblebee asked.
"Whoever this ship belongs to must have had traps set," Optimus points out.
"Well? Let's go kick his aft and get her back!" Crosshairs says.
"Not the time now, Crosshairs. We must return to the property and form a plan," Optimus tells the Paratrooper.
"Prime! I swore to Light that I would protect her!" Crosshairs tells his leader.
"And you are, but if we are going to save Lightning. We must form a plan and search for the base, that may be where Lightning is taken to." Optimus says.
Crosshairs looked down and sighed, "if that's what we're doing for Lighting," he firmed fists and closed his optics, "then let's do it."