Ch. 21

Optimus Prime POV
The past five days have been a disaster; Crosshairs' video calls with Jamie helps a little, but Drift became too concerned and went to her dimension. We're all getting worried about Rangeblade, who's been in stasis lock for twelve days. The fact it's from self-inflicted wounds is more concerning than how it's been twelve days. Hot Rod is in a depressed mood. I think he's mourning two lost friendships, even if Crosshairs forgave him. He stays in the barn by Rangeblade, waiting for her to wake up. I'm hoping she'll wake up today, but worried; why does Jamie plan on returning when Rangeblade wakes up?

Three hours pass before Rangeblade finally wakes up. Hot Rod is relieved and wastes no time hugging her. Once Hound is sure Rangeblade is ok, we leave the barn to tell the others.

Rangeblade POV
Hot Rod quickly filled me in on the scrap that's been going on the past twelve days. I watch tears roll down his face by the end. I can't believe he tried to kill Crosshairs. Even if Crosshairs was trying to kill me, I don't think I can approve of Hot Rod's attempt to murder. He tells me he's been punished enough for his action.
"I don't think the others forgive me, and Jamie hates me," Hot Rod finishes.
Though I'm not sure if he wants to see me, I go to the house to see Crosshairs.

Standing at the doorway, watching Crosshairs look out the window, shirtless. I'm troubled by his bandaged abdomen. Even though I know nothing about human first aid or what happens when our holoforms are injured, this is shocking to see. That and the apparent pain Crosshairs is in twelve days after what Hot Rod did.
"What are you planning on doing, Jamie?" He says while looking at his phone.
I knock on the door to get his attention but freeze the second he looks at me.

Crosshairs POV
I didn't think Rangeblade would see me when she woke up — or at all — but I hate she's afraid I'm looking at her.
"Are you ok?" I ask her.
I see the fear on her face. Oh boy, so this is the damage done. Looks like Prime's plan will be further delayed. At this point, not only is the plan is to build trust with her, though I know I'm the main focus with the plan, now we need to add Jamie trusting Hot Rod again. It would be great to get them back to being friends, but one step at a time. I don't know what to say to Rangeblade, but I need to lie down. Damn, I can't believe I'm still dealing with this much pain. Rangeblade wastes no time leaving.

One hour later

Jamie POV
Drift goes to the house to talk to Crosshairs while I talk to Rangeblade, who is in the barn.
She's already stressed about what happened after Crosshairs and Lightning found her. I don't think this will help much — since Crosshairs would still worry about Lightning — but he'd relax a little.
"What's wrong?" Rangeblade asks.
Damn, how does she know already?

Drift POV
I thought Jamie would have come with me to Crosshairs' room.
"She wanted to come back once Rangeblade woke up. What is she doing?" Crosshairs wonders, "what are you doing?"
I pick Crosshairs up bridal style and rush out of the room. I know he's embarrassed, but he's still slow to move around.

My action resulted in a little pain for Crosshairs, but he tells me he's fine once he's standing by the wall. It's hard to find a place to hide and listen to the femmes' conversion.
".... it's better if I leave."
We both wanted to intrude on the conversation, but we wait.
"...Tessa hates me, Hot Rod was so close to killing Crosshairs-."
"Wait, how do you know Tessa hates you, and Hot Rod hurt Crosshairs a lot worse than what I saw?"

Rangeblade POV
I can't believe what I'm hearing. The scrap that happened soon after the bots got me to the barn. I need to have a talk with Hot Rod. Not sure if I can do anything about Tessa. Not surprised Jamie secretly came back. While I know little about her, it's obvious she'd come back to her friends during a situation like this. She likely would refuse to leave if all this happened before she needed to leave.
Damn, how much did she worry while she was away?
I didn't think Jamie would spy on Tessa. I'm too bothered by what I hear to question how Jamie knew Tessa left.
"I overheard Cade and Prime talking about Tessa. Prime asking when she'd come back. I went to Shane's house, and she was ranting about me," Jamie explains before playing the audio recording.

"I can't believe how worried they are about Jamie while Rangeblade is unconscious thanks to Crosshairs. How can they ignore how one of their own hurt another one of their race? "
"You haven't been around them in five years. You can't understand their relationship with Jamie in four months. You really think they should ignore one of their human friends?"
"YES!!"

The clip ends. Obviously, this guy Tessa is talking to didn't know what to say. We already have a lot to deal with, but I don't want to ignore the fact Tessa dislikes Jamie and believes the Autobots should forget about her. How to get Jamie to stay here?
I activate my holoform and hug her
"Stay here," I insist.
I want her to stay since she's one of the few here who like me, but also I want this issue with Tessa to be dealt with. Lightning mentioned something called girls' night. She didn't explain what it is, but it's obviously something good.

I watch Drift help Crosshairs walk towards us. I try to silently tell them to go back to Crosshairs' room; it's obvious Crosshairs' pain is slowly returning.
"I want you to stay here," Crosshairs insists. He's doing great hiding how much pain he's in.
"Can't your healing help with pain?" Drift asks as Lightning walks in. As if he's trying to get Jamie to leave.
Crosshairs, Drift, and Jamie leave the barn.
Lightning is displeased with what I tell her. She tells me to stay here as she goes to get Prime.

Crosshairs POV
Jamie didn't like how my wound still looks. Unfortunately, she can't heal it any further since it's been nine days. At least she's able to help with pain, and I can skip pain medication for now.
I'm glad Vivian came by to get Jamie.
"I can't believe this," Drift comments while getting supplies to re-bandage my abdomen. Hound says I'm healing but still need stitches. I know what's troubling Drift as it's troubling me, but I say nothing.

Cade, Lightning, and Prime walk in as Drift finishes. I notice Lightning got ahold of Jamie's phone.
Did they hear what Jamie recorded?

"So, how much more is added to our list of problems?" Hound asks as he walks in.
I hate how he knows there's a problem instead of thinking maybe we're talking about my recovery.

Here's some scenes from the chapter. I'm not too sure about posting in collage style.  Thoughts? I was thinking of adding speach bubbles or text. And now you have a sneak peak at their holoforms for my holoforms book.  Note; Jamie is supposed to be shorter, but I run into issues if I make her shorter.