Ch. 63

Optimus Prime POV
It's been a challenging month for Jamie. It's hard watching her go through mental struggle, but now add she's struggling knowing Hot Rod, Lighting, Rangeblade, and Vivian know. I have been trying to help her while thinking how hurt was she knowing her friends watched her come close to death several times and when they found out about mental struggle? It's not something she can keep secret, like her disabilities in her original form. I can plan for the future a little, but not much.

"Didn't you say Jamie's birthday is in four days?" Vivian asks.
"She doesn't care about her birthday," I sadly explain.
I would have liked for things to be set by now. What a perfect birthday present for Jamie, but things aren't completed yet.

Even though Jamie is unhappy about Lightning finding out about her mental struggle, I always find the two watching T.V. together. Sometimes Hot Rod and Rangeblade join them, and sometimes Crosshairs and Drift are not with them. I think Crosshairs finally got what he wanted.

"Did you replace that picture?" I ask him.
"Yes," he smiles.
Everyone has a copy of the group photo.
"So, am I doing anything for her birthday?" Cogman asks.
"She won't be mad if you make her favorite dinner and a cake," Drift explains.
The three mechs plan Jamie's birthday while I go find her. I'm happy she hasn't tried to leave the dimension though it's too late now since Lightning, Hot Rod, Rangeblade, and Vivian know about her mental struggle. I think Cogman is aware.

I find Jamie with Bumblebee and Hot Rod, playing video games. Soon Lightning and Rangeblade walk into the room. Most who have recently learned of her mental struggle are in the room. I think this is a planned discussion considering how Hot Rod paused the game rather than thinking the two femmes came to watch. Also, Bumblebee has known her for as long as I have. They did not inform me to come here. This is perfect timing.
"It's ok," Hot Rod assured her, "we all love and care about you. You know I've been on Earth a long time and have seen humans dealing with depression."
Jamie says nothing, which makes it hard to figure out what she's thinking. The fact she's not trying to leave is good. 

I check on Jamie throughout the day. She's doing better knowing the others know about her mental struggle. Crosshairs is happy Jamie will spend time with Lightning, and Rangeblade doesn't avoid him. Everything is as it should have been back in October when Lightning found us, and soon I'll be able to reveal what Cade, Vivian, and I have been working on. 

Crosshairs POV
Things get a little better the next four days, but Jamie needs more time to get used to four new friends knowing about her condition and mental struggle. We are just happy she didn't go home after they found out. Jamie is finally healed, and I think Hot Rod is happy about this more than the others.
"You waited until she's healed to take her for a drive? I hear Drift, "why?"
"Didn't any movement cause pain?" Hot Rod asks while holding Jamie.
"No, she has been pain free for the past three weeks, and you saw her playing paintball. The problem was if she fell just right."
The conversation turns into Bumblebee, Drift, Lightning, Jamie, Hot Rod, Rangeblade, and me going for a fun drive.

Hot Rod's P.O.V.
Drift wasn't kidding when he said a long drive may cause Jamie to fall asleep. I didn't believe him since she is riding with me.
"Then I say she's doing better with you three knowing about her condition and mental struggle," Crosshairs smiles, seeing I'm carrying Jamie. Though both her guardians suggest putting her in her bed rather than with me in my room until dinner.

I can't believe it; seventy-three years on Earth later, and I'm reunited with Bumblebee and Optimus and have many new Cybertronian friends. All this time with humans took this situation to think of humans as family instead of someone I need to protect. Though seeing how Crosshairs and Drift are with Jamie, a family though she's human. Drift even fell in love with her.
"You remember we were on Earth a long time ago as well?" Drift asks, "I think you're slowly learning there's more to our relationship with humans than protecting them."

Jamie is awake by mid-afternoon. With her not liking celebrating her birthday, it's a typical afternoon watching T.V. the only difference is Cogman making a cake. With no one else having a present for Jamie, I'm glad I didn't get one. Though I worried I made a mistake not getting one. 

Optimus Prime POV
Jamie wouldn't be mad if everyone got her presents, but I suggested not doing that this time. Though I know Vivian has the presents Drift got Jamie for Christmas that she never opened. Jamie loves the cake Cogman made. It's great seeing her smile.

"I think the scrap is over," Vivian smiles as we talk in the hallway.
"Yes, I know Jamie's mental struggle is an ongoing problem, but there's no distrust among the team," Lightning agrees.
"I have an idea," Bee jumps in, "a nice vacation, but in June."
It seems strange Bee is suggesting waiting seven weeks, but he has a good point. I'm hoping to join them before I reveal what I've been working on. Also hoping Jamie doesn't need to leave beforehand. Cade, Vivian, and I still have a few more meetings to finalize some details. We will be gone for a week to the U.S. I'm glad I don't have to lie about why we're going to the states.

???: Do we really have to miss out on her anniversary?
OP: trust me, it'll be a party when everyone finds out.
???: And if Jamie is needed for a mission?
OP: Well, then we'll be waiting for her to return to the surprise.

I can't wait for everyone to see what we've been up to. Soon things will get better for everyone.