Ch. 54

Optimus Prime POV
Crosshairs didn't like telling me what Jamie said as much as he and Drift didn't like hearing her say it, but that is important to know. 
"Great, she doesn't feel safe and thinks we're all in danger," Hot Rod sighs, "so why aren't they allowed to take her home? Isn't stress bad for recovering after injuries and surgery?"
"Yes, but I thought she'd be ok in Drift's room. I know Crosshairs and Drift are careful with letting Lightning in the room," Hound explains.
With that, everyone is not pleased with this new development. Even Bumblebee wants to retract his previous plan for now.
"It's tricky; Bee has a good idea, but if Jamie is scared that Lighting is waiting for the right moment to attack, she's getting stressed, and that's not good for her," I explain, "even though There have been other times friends have betrayed. You know she fears Jadin will hurt us."
Crosshairs isn't sure what to do. Lightning will not like hearing Jamie is back home in her dimension, even if it's better for her. I hate I'm saying Crosshairs has to divide his time.
"And when she's fully healed?" Hot Rod questions, "we just going to let her come back and fight Lightning?"
Everyone looks at him as if he just suggested Jamie should no longer be allowed on the team. Drift walks away, returning to his room.
"Seriously?!" Bee rages.

Drift POV
I can't believe this. I must protect and take care of Jamie, but if it's going to put Lightning in danger to bring Jamie to her dimension for a more relaxing recovery...
I try not to force Jamie to talk, but I think I'm going to have to in order to figure out how to keep Lightning safe.
"... yeah, you didn't mean it!" Crosshairs rages, standing in the doorway, before walking in and closing the door. He sits at the desk and sighs, "it seems like every time we think there is progress made, so everything has to come up."
With all we've been through, Crosshairs doesn't hide the tears from me. I hug him as he quietly cries, trying not to wake Jamie up.

It's a quiet twenty minutes before Lightning walks in. Hot Rod told her we're taking Jamie back to her dimension.
"Nothing is decided yet," I assure her, "but you know stress isn't good while she's recovering."
I didn't think Lightning would look at Jamie's chest. Otherwise, I would have stopped her. The abdominal wounds are also still bandaged. Jamie's upper body looks like what the humans call a mummy from Egypt. I knew Lightning would run out of the room. I tell Crosshairs I'll go talk to her. Though I don't think it matters if it's her brother or the mech whose girl she killed, and we're damn lucky she was revived.

"What do you want?!" Lightning yells as tears roll down her face.
She doesn't move away as I hug her as we sit on the bed. 
"Crosshairs told me about her injuries, but that looks awful."
"You forgot she had to have several surgeries."
"That's not helping!"
"I think it's a good idea to have her go home for a while, and you wait a few days before seeing her."
Lightning does not like this idea, and I wish I had a better idea, but Jamie's recovery is more important right now.

We wait until Jamie is awake to tell her Crosshairs and I are taking her home. We see the worry on her face. On cue, Optimus walks in.
He tries to assure Jamie Lightning won't hurt any of us, hoping she knows how seriously Optimus takes what Lightning did. We didn't think Lightning would come in, already crying.
"I am so sorry. I know you're thinking I'm faking this, but I'd do anything to go back to before I shoot you. I can never forgive myself for hurting my sister."
With that, Lightning runs out of the room.
"Take her home; I better stay here," Crosshairs tells me and runs out of the room. I don't know what to do about this situation.

Lighting POV
I'm terrified Jamie will decide not to come back even though she has many friends here. I don't think her recovery will go any better back in her dimension unless everyone goes there and I'm left here alone. 
"Let me see her," I argue as Crosshairs walks into my room.
"Let her relax for a while — or at least try to," Crosshairs sighs.
We know Jamie will panic if he's not with her, but she'll also get anxious that I'll be getting pissed the longer he's with her. I can't stay here knowing that's what's happening, but if she can't relax while I'm around...
We watch Drift carry Jamie down the hall.
"You better go with them," I insist.
"We'll figure something out," Crosshairs says as he hugs me before leaving.
"I think she'll learn to trust you," Prime says, full of confidence. 
He sits next to me and tells me about a few of Jamie's other friends she still trusts though it seems she shouldn't. It doesn't matter; there's still Jadin. The one friend who wants her dead. Optimus' confidence disappears when I tell him I'm like Jadin. In Optimus insists I leave Jamie alone for a few days. He'll try to keep her calm, but I feel the only way to do that is to leave. I don't think a lie will work. 

I didn't think Crosshairs would be back within an hour. 
"She was in a lot of pain but is finally asleep."
He insists we take a walk.

It's quiet as we walk along a trail in the woods. Crosshairs and I have had little time to talk about what we've been up to since last we saw each other, but I'm in no mood to talk about anything. I'm such an idiot.

As much as Crosshairs told me not to go to Jamie's dimension, I can't stay away from her.
I find her alone in her room, in pain.
I thought surgery was supposed to provide a little pain relief?
I sit at the desk, uncertain what to say as Jamie stares at me.

Jamie POV
She really wants me dead and will follow me, waiting for her chance.
"No, what are you doing?" Lightning asks as I remove the IV tube and sit up, feeling pain, "CROSSHAIRS! DRIFT!" She yells.
I try to ignore the pain as I stand up, but I also feel my anxiety rising. This is not a good combination.

Lightning POV
I move quickly to get her before she falls to the floor.
"Easy, I will not hurt you. I am truly sorry for what I did, and I want us to be close like Crosshairs wants."
Something is wrong as I hear Jamie struggle to get air in. Crosshairs and Drift walk in; they clearly didn't hear me yell earlier.
"I-I..."
"I said to leave her alone for a while," Crosshairs scolds as Drift takes Jamie and lays her on the bed.
"You're safe; she will not hurt you," Drift says.
"I can't ignore knowing she fears me," I cry and hug Crosshairs.