Ch. 31

Crosshairs POV
I'm not as happy as I thought I'd be. As Lightning and I get ready to leave, I feel more sadness. I should be happy I'm spending time alone with my sister, but I can't believe this is the only way Jamie can come here. We need to figure out something cause I refuse to accept this is how things have to be. It's hard to believe I'm to think either I wish my sister never found us, or I never met Jamie. What the scrap, Primus?! 

I didn't think Drift would be up at six in the morning just to say goodbye.
"I can't believe this is how it'll be," he sighs.
He takes out his phone, debating on calling Jamie.
"No, don't; I don't want to make her cry," I tell him.
"She will when she realizes she'll never see you," He sulks and leaves the room.

Vivian gave me a list of places to visit and things to do around England. Honestly, it seems our vacation will just be in England. I want to give Lightning the best vacation together possible, but I feel odd spending Vivian's money even if she says we can; she knows we won't go overboard.

Lightning is so happy when I walk into her room after making sure I can come in. I wasn't expecting her to hug me right away.
"Finally, time alone together," she smiles.

I wait for her to finish packing before we go over the papers Vivian gave me. Even Lightning is surprised at the list and thinks we'll end up staying in England. Neither of us cares if that's the case. We decide to return home in two weeks. Maybe she just needs this time alone to realize I'll pay attention to both my girls, but at this point, it's wishful thinking; my Christmas wish.

 Our first stop is London, after a five-hour drive. It's fun seeing Lightning tell me what she wants to do. I think we may end up in London for two weeks with what she wants to do, even if we can skip sleep for three days. 
"What took you so long to think about doing this?" Lightning asks, smiling.
Scrap, don't ruin the happy mood now.

Lightning POV
It's because of her, isn't it? I fragging hate her. I'm killing her when we get back. If I've figured out how her cross-dimensional travel works, she won't be able to come back here. 

I tell Crosshairs I'm going to take a shower before we leave, hoping to calm myself down and not kill the mood when we leave.

The drive to London isn't worth pulling over to take pictures, but it's beautiful with the snow. Then it dawns on me; most of what I want to do is probably closed due to the snow and cold temperatures. This vacation might turn into most of our time being at the hotel. I'm fine with this; I just want to spend time with Crosshairs.

Crosshairs told me to follow him through the city into a parking lot. He tells me we're going for a little walk to the hotel, a five-mile walk, to be exact. He wanted me to walk with my eyes closed. Now, I don't think he'd play a prank on me, but I refuse to walk five miles through the city with my eyes closed.
"Fine, I guess you'll see half the surprise," Crosshairs sulks.

I see what he means by half my surprise is ruined: the hotel is on a marina. It's a beautiful sight, and I can't wait to see this at night. I quickly realize Crossahirs went ahead and booked a five-star hotel. Even if Vivian said it's fine, this feels odd using her money. 

"I know we'll be here for at least five days, so I booked a room for a week. If we have a couple of days staying in the room, so be it," he explains as we walk into the hotel. The lobby is unbelievable; I feel out of place here. Maybe it's because I'm used to being on the run? Even Vivien's home doesn't look this fancy. There are some elements, yet her home doesn't feel like a mansion. The black tiles, with white tiles forming nicely spaced squares. The well-waxed floor reflecting the light from the chandeliers and smaller lights. 
"You deserve to be spoiled," Crosshairs smiles before walking up the small flight of stairs towards the check-in counter. I sit on a couch in one of the two beautifully decorated sitting areas. 

Crosshairs has me close my eyes once we get to our room. He takes my hand and leads me into the room. 
I can feel how happy he is as I look around.

He booked a damn suite with a deck looking out at the maria. 
"I don't think we're leaving this room," I joke. 
Crosshairs laughs as I look around. This feels like a small apartment. One room has a couch, T.V., desk, and mini-fridge. Another room is the bedroom with a king-size bed. 

"Oh my gosh!' i exclaim, seeing the bathroom with an endless tub with massaging jets, double sink vanity, a shower, and of course, a toilet.

Crosshairs POV
I knew she'd like the room even if she's used to sleeping under the stars or in caves in her bipedal mode. I think Lightning will like this and discovering the spa. 
She is so happy as she sits next to me and hugs me. This is going to be a great vacation together.