Ch. 28

Crosshairs POV 
Lightning has been making sure I can't go back to Jamie's dimension. As much as I didn't want to, I tried to scare her into letting me go. 
"She's dying," I lie, having no problems acting sad cause this is depressing, and there's been a few close calls with Jamie before. I even have tears rolling down my face. 
"Good, then I suspect Drift will be back soon." 
With that, Lightning goes to her room. 
Who the frag are you? You are not my sister. 
"Is she really dying?" Rangeblade asks. 
I take her hand and lead her to my room. 

"No," I tell her once the door is closed, "the flu and infection are making her feel like scrap, but she'll get over this scrap. I was hoping to get the caring side of Lightning to show again. This is not the Lightning I know and love." "I-I...," Rangeblade tries to say something, moving the mouse, causing the screen to wake up. She sees my Photoshop work, "I'm sorry, I'm going to go now." 
She tries to rush out the door, but I stop her. I don't think she's mad she's not in my Photoshop mess, but that she accidentally saw it. 
"It's ok, it's just a dream." 
"Have you told Lightning?" 
"No, and I never will. I think she knows, or at least that I want her and Jamie to be friends. Then with how close Jamie is to Drift... I guess I told her about this, but she hasn't seen this mess of a picture. I should delete it." 
While the thought is in my mind, I sit at the desk and move the mouse to delete the picture. 
"No, don't!" 
Rangeblade has a look of fear on her face before running out of the room. 
It's hard to tell if she s trusting me, or her concern everything is falling apart allows her to talk to me — at least for a few minutes. 
Prime texts me wanting to talk to me. 

"You did what?" Prime asks when I told him about my plan to trick Lightning into showing us her caring side again, "then you best hope she doesn't see Drift when he returns. You know he'll do almost anything for Jamie, even if it's returning to us without her for some time."
Did he make a plan without talking to me? How unusual, but not as unusual as Drift agreeing to return to us without her. 

Drift POV 
I watch the portal close behind me before trying to sneak to my room, but Lightning spotted me. 
"I'm in no mood for your scrap," I tell her. 
I don't want to yell at her, but I couldn't hide my anger. She looks at me, shocked. 
"I'm sorry," she says as tears roll down her face. 
Not the reaction I was expecting. 

I go to my room, about to close the door, when Rangeblade rushes in, resulting in the door being slammed shut. I'm hesitant to ask, but I must. 
"What's the hurry for?" I ask as I help her up. 
She wants to know about Jamie. 
"She's getting better, but I don't want to talk about it," I try to say without crying. 
Rangeblade hugs me as we sit on my bed. 
The fact she's not mentioning anything like Crosshairs yelling at her is good. 

Crosshairs POV
I heard the door slam shut. It's hard to believe Drift is that mad, and yet I'm not surprised he's that mad. I'm about to knock on the door as my phone vibrates. 

Jamie; lying telling Lightning I'm dead wasn't right, but I'm in a way keeping the lie going. I don't know if she'd try to kill me, but I worry she'll hurt you or anyone else. It was too soon to think Lighting, and I could be friends. 

I see she sent the message to everyone, except for obviously Lightning. 
So is that why he slammed the door shut? I can see how this would be what pisses him off. 

I knock on the door, not expecting to see Rangeblade. The sadness on Drift's face as he looks at me hurts. I don't know if he has the same hope, but I wouldn't be surprised if he does. Lightning and Jamie are so much alike. 
I don't care Rangeblade is here; I sit on the bed next to Drift and hug him. Rangeblade takes a picture before leaving. 
Please don't go talk to Lightning about this. 

Optimus Prime POV 
The others think this is a good idea, but letting Lightning believe Jamie is dead is wrong. We'd have issues when Jamie returns — unless she doesn't plan on returning. I can't let her do that over what has happened the past two months. This is going to be a challenge. It's a shame Christmas is no longer what we thought the day would be.

"So we're letting her do this?!" Hot Rod rages. 
"I agree, this is scrap!!" Bee rages. 
"I say we all go talk to Jamie now," Hound suggests.
"Excuse me, but what about Lightning?" Vivian jumps in, "If she knows everyone went to Jamie's dimension."
"We all don't need to go, but Crosshairs should, which is a problem," Bee adds.
Vivian suggests getting Lightning and Rangeblade to watch a movie with her. This should give us enough time.

Lightning POV
I hate Jamie; she's a spoiled child - even if she is twenty-five - who shouldn't have been allowed to get involved with the Autobots. 

I open my door enough to see Crosshairs and Rangeblade hugging Drift. All three looking displeased.
Again, a reason to hate that bitch. She ruined everything; Crosshairs should give me all the attention after all the years we've been apart. She's also hurting Drift emotionally. I'm just going to act like I never met her and ignore any conversation about her.

Ok, I know possibly way too much talk about Jamie for your liking. I feel like Lightning is a jealous sister, finding her brother can't give her all the attention in the world after being apart for years. Like Crosshairs, she feels her perfect idea of how things would be if they reunited is ruined.