Ch. 35

Lightning P.O.V.
I let Crosshairs sleep in as I go on a hike alone. It's a nice view, and I can think about what to do about that glitch without Crosshairs getting any idea that's what I'm thinking about. I took Crosshairs' phone, though I'm not sure what I'll find that'll be useful. Just more evidence, I'm right; I wouldn't get the attention I deserve from Crosshairs—so many pictures of her, by herself or group photos with Crosshairs and Drift. Unless I find a way to get rid of her without anyone knowing, I'll be hurting everyone, but it'll crush Crosshairs and Drift, but it'll be temporary, and I'll continue my life happily with my brother and fellow Autobots; that glitch needs to go!

I return to our campsite Twenty minutes before Crosshairs wakes up.
Ok, Lightning, you have a plan and can't let Crosshairs know. Time to act like you don't need a plan to take care of that glitch. Soon, everything will be as it should have been the day Crosshairs and I reunited. Heck, now Rangeblade will be able to get back together with Drift.

Crosshairs makes eggs, this time with bacon and sausage. I convince him to try fishing for our dinner again. Crosshairs informs me about a few things he wants us to do. I think we should have gotten up at six in the morning with everything we want to do. Ah well, we're here for another four days and can extend our stay...

"Zip lining?" I ask, uncertain.
"It's like an opportunity for humans to fly — but not as freely as skydiving," Crosshairs explains.
Oh, so you want to do this since it'll be like flying like her. I think we're going home at the end of the week so I can deal with her.

"There are five levels on this course. Starting with the shortest at 6.096 meters to our longest at 154.838 meters long. You'll be 45.72 meters in the air," the instructor explains.
Crosshairs likes how we can go together. 
We're told the course will take six hours to complete; we quickly change our plans and plan on going out for dinner.
"We have four hours to try to get to the last line; then we can watch the sunset before we zip down," Crosshairs insists.
"We shouldn't rush, Crosshairs," I advise.

The first three lines are short and quick; Crosshairs jokes they're practice lines. With five hours still remaining, I wonder what the trail to the other lines are like?
Turns out we're hiking up a steep hill which gets harder as we get to the longer zip lines. Crosshairs, and I wonder why they don't start at the top and go down? We end up further from the next line with every zip line we go down and hike up the mountain more. On the other hand, it's good exercise. Crosshairs is happy when we begin going down the lines together. It's fun, though I wonder if he thinks I'll get scared? Oh please, with all the shit we've been through, this is nothing.

The instructor is amazed at how well we're doing. Crosshairs and I do look like very active people. I don't know how many steep hills or mountains he's had to hike while in hiding, but I've hiked a few times.
"oh wow, and the view gets better as we get higher," I exclaim, happy I'm able to take my camera with me though it's added weight as I hike. But, I told the instructor it adds more of a challenge.

Crosshairs POV
It's so hard not to think if only Drift and Jamie were here, or we all decided to take a vacation. It would be funny seeing Hound trying to hike up this hill. All I can do is enjoy my time with Lightning and hope things turn out the way I want, so we can plan an epic summer vacation. I love seeing Lightning smiling as she takes pictures, her cheers as we zip down the line. I deny the solution Lightning likely wants..but I'd have to tell Jamie to go home and never come back first, and I can't do it; no one can, which leads us to deal with issues. We all want what, at this point, seems like a fairytale ending.

We made it to the final zip line in time for the sunset. Lightning is happy we are allowed to stay. Clearly, this place is prepared for people to watch the sunset before zip lining down.

The big finale is so beautiful. Lightning really wanted to take pictures, but she was told to keep her camera in its bag and hold on to the line we're attached to with both hands. Someone had to have broken the rules, but with a cell phone, not a professional camera.
"That was awesome!" She cheers as we walk back to our alt modes.
"Are we going back before we go home?" I ask.
"If you want."
The pain as I say that; wanting to go home to Jamie, but wanting to make my sister happy.

We decide to go for a swim; no lights around us but the moon and the stars.
"Wow, I don't know which is more beautiful; this or the sunset on the mounting," Lightning tells me.
"Both are, and so is the view next to me."
"Is that really ok to say to your sister?" She jokes.

Lightning is exhausted and asleep fast. I sit on the dock, letting myself cry the tears I've had to keep from falling down my face all day.
"I can't do this, Primus; I can't choose one of these ladies. Please let them be friends...or even consider each other sisters."