Ch. 40

Cogman watches helplessly as the security monitors show the Autobots coming to rescue him, unaware of who the enemy is.  With his time here, Cogman believes this enemy is as bad as Megatron but attacks psychologically rather than physically.  He's more worried about the attacks the team will endure than if they continue to be enraged at him once he's rescued.

Crosshairs worries as the team approach the very familiar location where the Energon signature is at.
:: You see what I mean, Lightning? ::
:: I'll be fine. ::
We are using our bipedal mode, and my blade will take care of any enemy.

Once the entrance is clear, the team enters the large spacecraft. Crosshairs is relieved they don't need to split up but still worries about what is waiting for them, especially when they reach the location of the Energon signature without any enemies attacking them.

"Get out of here!!" Cogman urges.
"You're welcome," Crosshairs replies as he walks to the metal table Cogman is chained on, but there's an invisible wall. On cue, a figure reveals themselves.
"Come on, Crosshairs, you know how this goes," the female smiles.
"I do; I figured out it's you behind this."
"Except for the why, huh?  Ah, Lightning, glad you joined this mission; I wanted to thank you."
"Thank me? For what!"
"For taking care of that bitch. While I would have liked to do it myself, I didn't think you had it in you."
"We don't even know if she's dead!" Primer rages.
"Mmm, even if she recovers, I've learned enough to know she might never come back, and even if she does, these two will be fighting, and I'm sure next time, Lightning will make sure that bitch is dead."
Shit, this is why I said you wouldn't be ok, Lightning. Jadin attacks psychologically. Crosshairs worries as he sees his sister take in what Jadin said.
"You know what? Better plan; join me, Lightning, and we'll both take her down."
"No!  I will not join you!" Lighting rages, extending the blades in her wrists. She destroys the invisible wall, aiming for Jadin, "I can take you down right now!"
"Oh really? Jamie hasn't been able to. Your brother and the rest of these idiots haven't been able to. What makes you think you can? I'd focus on repairing your relationships — if it's not too late — and planning a memorial for that bitch, and a funeral for that stupid samurai. Falling in love with a human like Jamie, what an idiot."
With one last evil grin, Jadin escapes via a hidden door.
"Lightning? Are you ok?" Crosshairs asks.
Lightning stares at the wall, processing what Jadin said before falling to her knees and begins to cry.  Prime frees Cogman from the chains as Crosshairs and Hot Rod comfort Lightning, "you understand why I didn't want you to come? You don't know Jadin's psychological attacks."
"Until now," Hot Rod adds.
"Not helping!"
"Autobots, we must return to the property," Prime stresses, "we must deal with the fake Cogman."

Rangeblade walks into Drift's room, prepared to hear crying, but she wasn't prepared for what she saw when she walks into the bathroom.

Rangeblade: Hound, I need a first aid kit.

How did you d0 this? She worries as she sees the 'blood' go down Drift's side.
I don't know the human body, but this looks like he'd bleed to death if I didn't think to check on him.
"Drift?"
Hound tells her to move out of the way as he and Cade rush in.  She didn't see Vivien until Vivian insists they leave the room.

What is going on in his head to try to end his life this soon? Vivian worries, or do I have much to learn about his relationship with Jamie? Or maybe I'm missing how someone who lost a romantic partner feels. 
Vivian tries to call the friend, even though she's never met this person, but even her call is ignored.

How long has he been left alone to do this? Hound worries as his assessment reveals how weak Drift is. All he has to do is look at Cade for him to know they need to get Drift down to the medbay in the barn quick.
What the frag are you doing to us, Primus?

The others return an hour later, ready for a fight with fake Cogman.
"Ah, back so soon?" Fake Cogman taunts.
"Why you—!" Cogman rages.
"We'll take care of this imposter," Prime tells him and orders Cogman to have Hound make sure his systems are functioning correctly. Cogman walks to the barn while the others prepare for a fight.

He's alarmed the doors are locked.
I don't think this is so fake I wouldn't discover the rescue mission. He fears, no, Primus, don't tell me that glitch is right.
While he's terrified of what might be going on in the barn, Cogman knows he must find Vivien and make sure she's ok.

He finds Vivian in Rangeblade's room, knowing immediately by Rangeblade and Vivien's faces;  Drift harmed himself, and it's bad.
That's why the doors are locked, scrap.

The two femmes know it's the real Cogman when he tries to offer tea, hoping it'll help them until they hear word about Drift, but what can help anyone until they know Drift's condition?

"If you think killing me will solve anything, you're wrong. As my master said; best be planning a funeral as that samurai is nearly dead," fake Cogman taunts and laughs.
No, this can't be happening...
Crosshairs, Hot Rod, and Prime watch Lightning pass out.
"Get her out of here!" Prime orders Crosshairs.

Crosshairs takes Lightning to a tree at the edge of the woods, far from the barn.
"This is not supposed to be happening," he says as he lays Lighting down by the tree. He sits next to her, and moves her onto his legs, and holds her servo.

"They finally called," Cade tells everyone in a sad tone, "she's gone. It's only a matter of time before her body disappears, and since she was injured here, we lose her too."
"No," Crosshairs cries and runs out of the house.
Lightning follows him to where Drift's spark is buried since burying his bipedal form would be challenging.
"I can't believe this; I lost two-thirds of my family."
While all the Autobots consider each other family, Lightning knows what he means.
Crosshairs falls to his knees and cries. Lightning isn't sure how to comfort him, but she tries, hoping Crosshairs isn't next.

Lightning wakes up, terrified.
"You're ok," Crosshairs assures her.
He let Lighting sit up, knowing she'd hug him and cry.
"I'm sorry," she sobs.
Crosshairs worries. What was Lightning dreaming about? Hating, he can't promise everything will be ok; terrified everything won't be ok.