Chapter 50 Power

~ POV

I open my eyes, looking up to a wooden ceiling. I sit up, looking around to see nothing. Just as I want to stand up I feel a heavy chain around my wrist. Soon the door opens and bright light shines in. A man walks in and kneels down in front of me.

"I'm glad to see your awake." he says before reaching out and lifting my chin. "Your eyes...they're perfect."

"Who are you?" I ask.

"My name is not important. I've been testing things. A new kind of super drug on you." he says.

"I don't find you very interesting." I say blankly.

"Ahh yes. It is because of what we did. See..well...I don't think your ready to know what happened but I do want to bring you out." he says reaching for my wrist and undoing the chain. I stand up and we leave the room, walking out into the bright fresh air. As I look around I see all the energy flowing through trees, water, the ground, the air, everything. I can hear everything around me, the insects, the wind, really everything.

"I can see everything." I say looking around.

"Yes I know. Your brain is opened to more." he says. "I bet you like that."

"I don't feel...emotion for anything." I say.

"Thats because your brain cells are pushing it out. It needs room for knowledge." he says. "I would like to test something else." I follow him to a shed where he stops. "Wait here." he walks in, soon coming out. Before I can react he shoots me in the cheat with a pistol, I stumble back, looking down to see the blood squirt from the wound. I slip my finger in, grabbing the bullet and pulling it out, throwing it to the ground. "Did you feel that?"

"No" I say.

"Perfect. You...are perfect." he says smiling. "Lets get you patched up and you can meet the family." I follow him into the large house. In the living room sits two men.

"Is this who you were talking about? Your test subject?" one asks.

"Yes, this is them. Name? Well....no name now." he says. "Just...it."

"Alright, I'm Jake, this is Taylor." he says. 

"Why should I be interested in these men?" I ask.

"They are family. As are you now, okay?" he says. "I want you to call me Axion."

"Axion?" I ask.

"Yes." he says before turning and walking to the kitchen. I follow him where he pulls my shirt off. I look down to see plain skin, not a mark but the bullet hole. "Do you remember anything?"

"No, my mind is wiped." I say as he cleans the wound.

"Good, I want you to find somebody for me." he says. "Soon, after we do more treatments."

"Treatments? This drug your using is no treatment." I say.

"Yes it is. For you it is." he says bandaging it. "Now, I'll show you your room and you can sleep."

"I don't need sleep." I say.

"Ahh..yes you do." he says. "Come on." we walk up the stairs to a small, room with a bed and dresser. "I know its not much."

"Its enough." I say walking it.

"Good, I'll talk to you later today." he says turning and walking out, closing the door. I take a breath and look around. Fireworks are going off in my brain, hitting the sides of my head. The pain spreads so I lay down. Whatever they did with me....its not right...and I feel its gonna get worse but these are the last words I remember before the rest of my emotions slip away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So...who is this? 

Nikki :)