Chapter 22 6 Months Later

Morgan POV

We've been back for 6 months and Nicole's doing okay. I mean, beside the money we had to pay to change the house for her but otherwise its okay. She's pretty good with the wheelchair and can take care of Markus but still can't live with Brevlen, even thought I really don't care anymore. I'm 42 years old and to old to give a shit.

"Morgan, can you help me?" Nicole says from the kitchen. I sigh and stand up from the couch, heading for the kitchen. 

"Whats up?" I ask.

"Could you hand me the pan on the top shelf?" she asks. I nod and grab it, handing it to her. "Thanks."

"What you doing?" I ask as she heads to the oven.

"I'm cooking dinner for us." she says with a smile. She tried her best to do things for us....even though most of it goes wrong.

"You need some help?" I ask.

"Nah, I got it." she says. I nod and leave, walking back to the couch and sitting down as the door opens and Attila walks in.

"Hey Morgan." he says setting his stuff down and sitting.

"Hi, how was work?" I ask. He got a job as the town doctor and works alot.

"Good, not much to do and people are warming up to me." he says.

"Thats good." I say putting my feet up.

"Where's Nicole?" he asks.

"In the kitchen, she wants to cook for us." I say.

"Oh....should I watch her?" he asks.

"No, let her do it herself." I say looking to the kitchen doorway.

"Are you sure?" he asks. "Last time she burnt the shit out of her leg"

"I know but she doesn't like it if we help her too much." I say.

"I know..but she needs help some times." he says. I nod but hear a loud bang from the kitchen. I sigh and stand up, walking in to see her on the ground? 

"What happened?" I ask.

"I...slipped." she says smiling. I pull her up and back into her chair. 

"You good?" I ask.

"Yeah but maybe you should cook. I can't even reach the back burner." she says. 

"Its fine. I'll ger it."  I say. She nods and makes her way to the living room. Even though I know I shouldn't but being the nosy person I am I listen to they're conversation.

"Whats the problem sweetie?" he asks.

"Why do you stay with me?" she asks.

"What kind of question is that? I'm your mate. I would never leave you for anything." he says.

"We can't have sex anymore....doesn't really frustrate you?" she asks.

"It does sometimes but its long not a reason to leave you." he says. "Its not your fault."

"Your right....its Morgan's." she says. Bitch.

"Whatever you think I won't leave you. For anything." he says. I frown and walk away. It is my fault and there has to be someway to make it right. For Nicole and Attila but I can think of a way for him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know but what is Morgan gonna do?!?!?

Nikki :)