Chapter 41 Friends...For The First Time

Nicole POV

The doorbell pulls my from my nap. I growl and stand up, walking to the door and opening it to see two women, maybe my age.

"Hi, I'm Amy Carton and this is Carrie Ryder. We're heard that a Knight moved in here." she says.

"Umm..yeah..thats me." I say smiling.

"There's so much said about your family." Carrie says.

"I know that. Nothing bad is true..I don't know why people hate us so much." I say.

"Well...you seem normal." Amy says. I smile and let them in. We walk to the living room and sit down. "Why did you move here?"

"I had some family problems." I say looking down. 

"Oh..so bad you had to move?" Carrie asks.

"Yep but its better here. I live here with my husband Attilia, my two kids Skylar and Aiden and my grandchild Markus." I say. They both give me a look of shock as if I just told a bad joke. "What?"

"You already have a grandchild?" Amy asks.

"Yes I do. Why? Is that such a bad thing right now. I'm only 40." I say.

"40?!" Carrie asks. "When did you have your first child?" 

"When I say like...early 16." I say. Its not a bad thing. Well for humans I bet is is.

"Thats not so bad. There was a girl here that had a child with 14." Amy says. "Now something like that is just unacceptable. What about the parents?"

"Well, you can't always blame the parents." I say. "I mean there are other things." but rapid knocking on the door stops us talking. I stand up and open it to see Morgan.

"Nicole! You do live here!" she says smiling but as I try to close the door she stops me. "Stop...I wanna talk to you."

"There is nothing to talk about Morgan. Why can you just leave me alone?" I say.

"Because youe my sister and I realized that I need you so much." she says. I can tell that what she's going throught must me breaking her but at the moment I really don't care. Sister or not.

"Nicole please just let me talk to you for like..5 seconds." she begs. "I just wanna explain everything. I want you to come home."

"I'm not coming home." I say. "I'm never coming back to you. You did something I can not forgive."

"But...please. I'm your sister. We've know each other since we were kids. Now our fucking kids have kids Nicole...please." she says. The pain is bright in her tear filled eyes but my heart doesn't even crack.

"No Morgan. Go home." I say before slamming the door shut.

"What was that?" Carrie asks.

"My sister but I don't want anything to do with her." I say sitting down.

"What happened?" she asks.

"Something I don't wanna talk about." I say looking down. Sure my heart hurts for Morgan but I won't break down and give her what she wants.

"Oh, well Amy and I were thinking about going out for a shopping tour. You wanna come with?" she asks. Shopping? You fucking kidding me?

"Sure, why not. I just gotta tell my daughter that I'll be out." I say standing up. They nod as I make my way out of the living room and up to Sky's room. She's sitting on her bed playing with Markus.

"Hey Sky? I'm gonna go out." I say walking in and over to her.

"What? With dad?" she asks.

"No with some friends." she says.

"Mom...you don't have any." she says. I frown making her smile. She knew that I do the same to her.

"Oh knock it off." I say. "I'll be back tonight so if you father asks where I am than in town." she nods and I head back downstairs to see them looking at old photos.

"Who's this?" Amy asks pointing to a picture with a dark oak frame. I walk over to her to see its the picture of Morgan and I when we firsht bought the house outside of town. Its was a total wreak and really over grown but we made it what it is today.

"Thats me and my sister Morgan. Thats the house outside of town when we first bought it." I say. "It was so bad that we considered not even moving in but we got it and look at it today." the memory brings a light tear to my eye but I wipe it away. "Ready?"

"Alright, lets go." Carrie says. We head out the door but stop at the next door's red minivan. 

"Whats this?" I ask.

"Well, we're gonna drive there. just in case we buy too many things." Amy says. How much are we planning to buy? We get in and Carrie starts to drive to the town mall. Mall? 

"We have a mall?" I ask making them both laugh.

"You didn't know that?" Amy asks. "Its not even that far from you old house. Like 5 blocks in." she says as the car comes to a slow stop. We get out and make our way inside. The strom smell of women's perfume and fast foot hits my nose almost making me gag. I back up abit coughing making them both stop to check on me.

"Whats wrong?" Carrie asks.

"Nothing, I'm just not used to this smell." I say. "But lets go." they nod and we make our way from store to store, looking at shoes and dresses. Everything I'm really not interesting it but I do this to have real friends. We enter another shoe store and they go ape shit at like..every fucking shoe they see.

"Nicole come on, don't you wanna try some on?" Carrie asks.

"Nah. I'm okay." I say. They nod and keep looking when I feel a hand brush up against my ass making me jump. I turn around to see a man about late 30's smiling at me. "The fuck is your problem?"

"Feisty, I like that." he says resting his hands on my waist. I push him back against shelf.

"Get the fuck off me." I say trying not to get to loud. He yanks me forward and tries to kiss me but I throw him over the shelf and into the wall. "I said stay the fuck off of me! I yell. Everybody in the store look to me but before they can say anything I storm out and into the fresh air. I can't do this. I thought I could control my anger but I can't. I do need Morgan but....I'm not going back...not yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know you wanted 2000 words but my hands hurt and I gotta pee so get over it!

Nikki :)