Chapter 17 1346

Nicole POV

Its been a full year since we got pulled into that portal and thrown into 1345. I have to say, its not that bad. Sure, I still can't feel anything below my waist nor have I shifted for the full year but whatever. I've become a worker and we live with a pack of wolfs who don't wish to join the war. The Darks told us they'd come to us when they the energy they need. More than anything I miss my family. Atty, Sky, Aiden, Ana, Jax, Inez, Dex, everybody and both Sky and Ana had they're baby. I just wish I could see them again.

"Nicole...wake up." somebody says shaking me. I open my eyes and see Markus. "Hey, I let you sleep in but we got lots of work today." I smile and pull him down for a kiss.

"I'm up." I say. He nods and climbs out of bed, walking out to the others. I sit up and stretch before climbing out as well and leaving the small wooden house. Morgan is sitting by a fire with a few others.

"Hi little sissy." she says as I sit down but lose my footing and fall hard on the ground, even though its just grass. "You good?"

"Yes, stop worrying." I say.

"My little sister can still barely walk. I have every right to worry." she says.

"Alright, fine!" I say scooting closer to Markus. 

"Are you sure about you two?" she asks.

"What?" I ask.

"Well, if we do get back your leaving him behind. Plus he's your mates grandfather." she says. I sigh and look to Markus who shrugs.

"I don't know. If we ever get back." I say.

"We will, trust me." she says. I nod and poke the fire with my foot. "And stop that!" she kicks it away.

"I can't feel it anyway." I say making her frown. 

"Just don't." she says. I nod and rest back against Mark's chest. 

"You wanna go for a walk?" she asks. 

"Umm..sure." I say. "Now or?" I ask. Morgan takes me on walks to get my legs better.

"So, you doing good?" she asks.

"Yep, doing okay. I just miss my family." I say looking down.

"I know you do. I do too." she says. "And we will see them again."

"Yeah, I know." I say. The rest of the walk is mostly silent and soon we're back. We walk over to the fire but I let go of her. "I'm gonna go rest."

"Okay." she says. I slowly walk back to the house and lay down. I don't even have a picture to remind me of my family. Only the thoughts. 

"You okay?" I turn and see Mark.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I say. He walks over to our bed and sits down.

"Your not. I know you miss your family and you'll see them again." he says rubbing my side.

"I miss them...I need them." I say sitting up.

"You'll see them. I promise you this." he says. I nod and crawl into his arms. He's right, I just gotta wait but I was never good at that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YAY!!!! Update.

Nikki :)