Chapter 53 Nicole's Diary

Wolf POV

"What?!" she yells standing up. "Your father killed my sister?! What the fuck are you doing here?!?!"

"Well...my father tried to make me do it but I couldn't. I said it was wrong but he beat me for it." I say. Her anger turns to more confusion.

"Then what are you doing here?" she asks again.

"I wanted to make up for what he did. Stop him from killing you too." I say. She looks at me for a while before stepping back abit. "I was supposed to kill your sister but I couldn't. I said it wasn't right. I knew she didn't deserve to die but my father saw otherwise. When I said no he did it himself and beat me. I was taken back to the house and beaten without a stop. I was then locked in the basement but I got out and left. I came here so I could hopefully stop him." she looks at me for a long time after that.

"Attila can't find out. He'll kill you." she says. 

"Who?" I ask.

"The man you saw before that made you lose your shit." she says. I nod. "Look...I don't know right now. Stay here but no talking about it. We'll see later." she turns and leaves the room. I sit there for a while before finishing my hands up and walking back to my room. Shit...fuck! Well...better to lie then get kicked out or killed.  I sit there before getting bored and leaving the room, making my way to a stairway going up, looking like the attic. I don't pay much mind to the fact that I could get in trouble for it so I just go up. Its a large, dark open space. Some boxes and furniture. I walk around, seeing some very old pictures I think of Morgan and somebody else. I look around abit more before getting to a small, dusty desk with a pen and pencil on it. I lean down, looking at everything on it. It doesn't seen like this was left alone for more then maybe a month or two. I sit down on the old chair and brush off the dust but knocking the pen off. Shit. I lean down and pick it up but I see something strapped to the bottom of the desk. I pull it off and sit back up to read the small letter on the front. 'Nicole's Diary'. No lock so thats good. I sit there for abit, wondering if I should even read this but I do, starting at the first page.

March 17th
Everyday is getting harder to go home. The beatings from dad just get worse and worse. The scars covering my back are visible and hurt more than I could ever describe. I don't know how my mother could leave like that. I know dad didn't beat her to death. I know she left for another man. She thought I was dumb enough to believe that she was dead. She just wanted to save her own skin. School is getting worse. My grades have dropped to about nothing but F's. I'm gonna fail school. I don't know how long I should ever stay here. The past few day's I've been thinking of running off into the woods, maybe finding a pack. Somewhere safe. But until there I'm stuck in Hell, the place I call home.

Jun 28th
I never thought I would find anybody from my original family. I knew I was adopted, I knew my real parents are dead but that I have 2 sisters is abit different. I'm happy, don't get me wrong but I don't know how I can get used to this. One is a rich girl, kind of a bitch but the other one is nice. Sweet. Something I would want in a sister. The only problem is my father. I know he won't let me just leave like that. Its gonna only get harder.

Page after page. Goes from pain to happiness then back to pain. She really wrote everything down what happened to her. Reading more and more makes me feel alot more connected to her but I don't know why. Finally I reach the last page. The last time she wrote before she died.

May 22nd
I couldn't be more overwhelmed with how far I've come on 40 years. So much pain. The memories of Brevlen haunt me in my sleep. The pain of what he did is still there. No feeling in my legs, losing people I loved. Losing Sam. My family. Sometimes makes me wish Morgan, Inez and I never met cause I feel we all would've been much more happier if that wa the case. But then again I don't regret it. I would never go back in time to change that. I would never say I never wanted to meet my sisters. They've done nothing but make my find so much better. The love they give me no matter what. Its something you never see these days. They make me complete. But I know what I have now is coming to an end. I know we're being watched. I'm taking Morgan to the forest today, in the hopes they come for us. I know I'm going to die, I accepted it. But if it means dying for Morgan then its going to be worth every moment. Her pain will pass, the time of grieving will end and even though I'll be gone, I'll always be in her heart. Watching over her from above and protecting her from those who seek to kill us.

I sit there, shaking and in tears. She knew she was gonna die. She did it to save her family. Her sister...but knowing it was us...I can't live with it so I stand up, heading down to find Morgan with the diary in my hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh....yes..bad? Good? Surprised?

Nikki :)