Chapter 54 What She Really Is

Morgan POV

The girl walks in with some kind of book in her hand.

"What is it?" I ask. She sighs and hands me the book. I look down and read that its Nicole's diary. "Where did you find this?"

"I was upstairs in the attic. I'm sorry I was snooping around." she says looking down. "But I read it...you should." To be honest I didn't even know Nicole had a diary. I sit down and open it. "Read the last page." I do so, flipping to the last page. I read but what it says tears everything apart. She knew. She knew she was gonna die. She did it to save me. "I'm really sorry."

"I'm uhh..I'm gonna go out for a while, okay? Stay here and tell Attila I'm out for a walk." I say. She nods and I stand up, taking the diary with me as I leave the house. I walk towards the woods, making my way all the way to the cliff where we found Nicole, dead. I sit down at the bottom, leaning against the cold, hard stone. Why would she do something like that? She had a family, a son and daughter. Me, my kids. We could've worked something out. We could've left. Something. I lean back, letting the tears roll down my cheeks. I don't know if what she wrote is right. I don't think I can let go of the pain. I can't forget her. Soon, after a few minutes I head a light cracking. I look up to see a man, much taller then me. Just as I'm about to get up he grabs me by my throat and lifts me up, holding me against the wall.

"I've been waiting for you now Miss Knight." he says smiling. I try to loosen his grip but I can't. "Oh...come now. Stop fighting it. I've taken almost everything from you. Your mate. Your sisters. Your daughter. Soon I'll take everything else. Your home, your life. Just like you took mine."

"I...never took anything....from you." I say with the little air I can.

"You may not remember but I do. You took everything from me. Everything I had with no mercy." he says leaning in closer. "I'm just returning the favor Miss Knight." he drops me to the ground. "First I'll take Attila, then Skylar, Aiden then Anabella." he grins. "Your little grandson...will be my new son. How does that sound?"

"No...don't you...dare fucking touch them." I say. He frowns and lifts my face to look up to him with his boot.

"I do as I please Miss Knight." he says. "But...lets take a look at this." he turns and some of his men pull Aiden forward. Bloody and beaten. "Aiden Knight."

"Leave....him be. Please..." I say trying to crawl over to him but he holds me down with his foot.

"I'm going to have you feel the way I felt." he says kneeling down and placing his hand on the back of my neck, pulling me up to my knees. "Show her how we treat our guests boys." they nod and immediately start beating him senseless. 

"No! Stop..please stop!" I yell but he holds me back. 

"Watch Miss Knight, feel the pain." he whispers in my ear as Aiden screams and cries in pain. No matter how hard I pull I can't break free from his grip. "Okay..okay thats enough guys." they stop and step aside. "I'll take his life, payback for taking mine Miss Knight."

"No...god please no...don't kill him please." I cry. He lets go and another takes hold of me. He walks over to Aidan, walking behind him and holding a blade to his throat. Right before he can do anything a large, dark grey wolf jumps out from behind him, biting his right shoulder and tearing his arm off. The men freak out and go to help him but the wolf tears they down, one by one causing blood to go everywhere. In this mess I get to my feet and walk over to Aiden. "You okay?"

"Yeah...I think so." he says as we look up to the now blood covered wolf. After killing all it turns to the man, growling and staring into his eyes.

"Go. Before I change my mind." it says in a deep, wolf voice. He stumbles to his feet and runs off. The wolf turns and walks over to us, kneeling down.

"Who are you?" Aiden asks. It starts to shift back to to more than my surprise its the girl, staying with us.

"Your a wolf?" I ask. She nods.

"Born wolf." she says. "I followed you into the woods. I knew it wasn't safe. I bet your happy." she says kneeling down.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask.

"Because it wasn't important. Lets go." she helps Aiden to his feet and we start for home.

"You didn't kill him cause he's your father, didn't you?" I ask.

"That man isn't my father anymore." she says and the rest of the walk is silent. The only thing in my mind is what did I do to this guy?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who knew?????

Nikki :)