Jomike // why am i so happy?

Jojo grew up with church. He was raised in a nunnery, his parents left him there when he was just one years old. Of course at that age, Jojo may not have remebered what his parents looked like, but the day they left him, he waved goodbye with a smile, because he thought they'll pick him up later. But they never came. Hei doesnt have any pictures of them, or even any gifts they left with him like toys or anything.

Jojo was one of the only newsies that never had met his parents. Some, sure, didnt have any, but they have memories of them. Like the twins.

Mike and Ike lived in a middle class house but it all changed in a night. Police think it might have been a bunch of rebels that did it. Either way, the twins woke up and their house was full of smoke so they ran downstairs and the whole floor was on fire. Ike was so scared he couldnt move so Mike had to pull him into the basement, which was made out of concrete and not wood. Mike screamed out for his parents but no response, he kept screaming for them until Ike had to drag him into the basement with him and they held eachother close as they heard their only home fall apart. The fire brigade put out the fire and found the twins. They let the twins look around the house when everything was extinguished. Mike went upstairs to his room, he had some money he saved up as pocket money, he had $10.  He thought that it was the best time to take it. Everything else was burnt, all the memories, everything. But when the police arrived and told the twins that their parents were dead. Mike was devastated and couldnt speak for weeks. Jack found the twins trying to steal food in a corner shop, Ike was distracting the clerk while Mike was stuffing his bag with bread. So Jack started speaking loudly so the clerk would see Mike, the twins bolted out, but Jack followed them and asked if they had somewhere to sleep that night. They said no so they were taken to the lodging house. They were only 12.

Jojo came into the lodging house when he was 13 so a year later. He instantly became friends with Race and Albert. But he was really homophobic, he was scared of going to hell, but he never judged the newsies on their choices. Years on. Jojo and Mike would talk alot, and often, but sometimes it would turn to religion, and Jojo accidentally said he was scared of being gay, and that shocked Mike because he thought Jojo was gay. "Why are you scared?" Mike asked, "I dont...want to go to hell..."
Jojo was an absolute angel, kind, never got in trouble, adorable. And Mike really liked that about him.

One day, Mike decided he could maybe help Jojo, not force him, but make him not scared anymore, because other than being homophobic, hes the perfect guy. They were talking on the edge of Mike's bed. "You know, I'm pretty sure gay people wont go to hell." Mike said randomly, and Jojo looked at him "The nuns told me they do, and so did the priest." Mike pressed his lips and looked down, "Wanna test that theory?" Jojo looked at him, panicked "W-what?! No!"
"Nonono- listen...I'll just...kiss you on the cheek." Mike said softly.
Jojo kind of blushed, but still looked worried, he took a deep breath "Just on the cheek." He looked down, like he was too scared to watch. So Mike gently held Jojo other cheek, barely touching it to lead him as he placed a gentle kiss on Jojos cheek. Jojo face lit up, he was surprised. He brushed his cheek lightly with his finger tips, he looked at Mike with a slight smile, "Could you do that again? Please?" He asked politely. Mike smiled and nodded and kissed Jojo again. Jojo let out a small 'aw' because he really liked it. But his smile turned to panic as he started breathing quickly, but Mike put his hand on Jojos shoulder "Hey- dont worry, it was just a kiss on the cheek, nothing bad will happen."
But Jojo looked at him "I committed a sin," he sobbed, "...and...I liked it...and I want another but I cant because it's wrong." Mike went wide eyed at the honestly, "You want another kiss? I'll give you one." He leaned in for another but Jojo shook his head, "Nono- two is already too much...I'm going to go to my bed." He sniffled. Mike watched him, he didnt want to stop him, but, Jojo wanted another kiss? He liked being kissed? Not only was that cute, that meant something.