Headcannons

Jack and Finch argue the most in the lodging house. With Jack trying his best to keep everyone safe but with Finch just wanting to go off and do his own thing. However, Jack treats him like a little brother, which sometimes doesn't roll with Finch, especially when he's already frustrated, "Quit calling us family, I ain't got no family".

Romeo has abit of a stammer (British way of saying stutter), he has found ways to deal with it, but sometimes when he speaks to fast it comes up and he in blocked on a single word (from experience btw), sometimes he gets so frustrated he can't get a word out he cries, especially if the newsies around him aren't patient enough, but Specs is always the one to wait and coach him through saying whatever he needs to say.

Henry works part time at Jacobis, attempting to convince them to let him work full time or get an apprenticeship so he can show off all his experience as a chef, however, he once was given a task to prove himself, to be given the opportunity of becoming an apprentice, all he had to do was bake a cake. He tried his best and worked so hard, but when it came to the taste testing, where all the newsies came to the restaurant for supporting, Jacobis head chef determined it wasn't good enough, and incouraged him to give up.
The newsies almost went on a jacobis strike. Davey was the one to comfort him and invite him over to his house to use the kitchen so he can practice.

Button is probably the most targeted newsie, he's just so soft and people take him for granted. He's always blamed if something happens, he's always the victim of new pranks.

Mike and Ike grew up rich, (not hyper wealthy, but lower middle class) when they lost their parents, they had to live on the street, but weren't at all that street smart, Jack eventually found them and when all the newsies found out they used to be rich, they were teased alot, they would, sarcastically called, "Your majesty" and were told that they now know what it feels like.

Jojo is autistic, (like me :)) you see it several times in my fic, especially when you notice his need for routine and fear of change (Like in "Why am I so happy?") Beside all that, he also likes things a certain way, he hyperfixate on any book he reads. I imagine his favourite stims are rocking back and forth, snapping his fingers, humming. He doesn't get jokes, which is hard cause I ship him with Mike and he's the comedy king with Ike.

Spot is allergic to peanuts, (cause Tommy Bracco is (and so am I)) there's nothing much more to it. I imagine a conversation like:
"Spot Conlon is so scary and head strong, nothing can defeat"
"I know one thing that can"
":0 What is it?"
"NUTS"
Jokes aside, he doesnt tell anyone this in fear of being poisoned one day.

Speaking of peanuts, Barney Peanuts! He's actually canonical from the circus, so I imagine he's kind of an acrobat. He would do a trick where he would hang off the edge of a top bunk and read a book in that position because he found it the comfiest, Race tries to day that all the time but always falls on his head. He can also climb anywhere, newsies can wake up to get a drink of water in the middle of the night just to almost crap themselves because Barney is on the ceiling taking a nap. Hes also one of the best at gossiping in the lodging house, he's great at hiding and hears everything about everyone. Barney also practices juggling and puts on shows for the younger newsies.

I'll elaborate on any if anyone wants me to, and I might even make a part 2 x