Chapter 93

JOSIE

I looked around the militia inside the school. They wanted some Chalice of Arimathea. Whatever that was. Stiles was currently being chased by members of this Triad Industries. We may be broken up but I'm extremely worried about him. His humanity is off...it was obvious when he snapped that man's neck. "Now, you know this place a lot better than we do, so the sooner you help us find it, the sooner we'll be gone. Triad thanks you for your time." Burr announced. I looked over at Hope.

I stood inside Dad's office with Hope and Lizzie. "I really hope our Ripper finds mop-head. And gets back here fast. How was he able to use his poweres?" Lizzie asked Hope. "I don't know. The laws of the supernatural don't work for him, remember? The Nogitsune finds a way around them in order to win and survive. It's one of the reasons why Nik was able to step into the sun. Granted...he's part  Hybrid. So the sun doesn't kill him like it would normal vampires." She explained searching the shelves. "So you're saying that Stiles is a walking loophole?" I asked. "Basically. Ever since he was a kid." Hope pointed out. "It's why no witch coven in history can exorcise the Nogitsune out of him. One, it's a Kitsune. They can't be exorcised. Two, Even if they could, the Nogitsune wouldn't allow it. Think of Stiles' mind and body as a house for a family of demons split into the four rooms. Three relatively large bedrooms and one main master room. Those three rooms are where each of the demons are contained, while the master room is where Stiles' conscious and mind are contained. They won't come out of their rooms unless they want to. And you can't break down the door because there's an impenetrable barrier spell that can't be brought down except by the demons and Stiles...whenever he's having hallucinations or night terrors. When he's dreams about them. They can't be controlled because they're demon foxes that don't like to be controlled. It's who they are. Kitsunes are trickster spirits. They bend the rules to work in their favor. In this case, the Kasai and the Nogitsune are immune to all forms of Magic Suppression. I'm guessing so is Cerberus. Now, help me find the school phone." Hope explained breathlessly. "Check MG's tighty-whities." Lizzie said. "Really? This is serious." I told her as the three of us searched for the phone. "We can't all be born with resting concerned pouty face." Lizzie insulted making me gasp. "Didn't this shelf used to have books on it?" Hope asked ignoring our fight. "Yeah. That's weird." I agreed looking over at the shelf in front of Hope. Hope picked up a red box and looked at it confused. She set it down on Dad's desk examining it. "Whatever they're doing to block out our magic must have knocked out a cloaking spell your dad had." Hope stated. "Big shocker. Dad's hiding something from us." Lizzie said sarcastically picking the scarlet box up and shaking it. "Unless it has the school phone in it, it doesn't matter." Hope told her before walking away to search the room for the phone. "Sorry I don't feel like laughing while my world's falling apart." I told Lizzie. "Your world? What about my world? I'm the one who's eventually going to be absorbed by my own twin." Lizzie countered. "If you lose the Merge." I pointed out. "Which I'm obviously going to. I'm the weak, broken one." Lizzie argued. "And like clockwork--victim." I spat with a glare. "Hey, guys. Found it." Hope said holding up the phone.

Hope called Dad. "It's Hope. Triad's here. Yeah, but our powers are gone. Except for Stiles, he was able to use his and turn into Cerberus before running into the woods being chased by a squad of Triad." Hope said into the phone. "They said that the third artifact is in the school somewhere. The Chalice of Arithmetic or something? I don't know. Any idea?" Hope answered. "We're not the only ones in danger. Landon is, too. And now so is Stiles. I can't just stand here and do nothing." Hope argued. "Yeah." Hope said hanging up the phone with pursed lips. "So, what do we do now?" Lizzie asked. "Now...we figure out a way to get our powers back, and we kick some paramilitary ass." Hope answered. "Wait, Dad said not to do anything crazy." I pointed out. "Me defying your dad isn't crazy. It's consistent." Hope countered before the door to the office opened. "Well, at least we know where you stand." Burr announced walking in. "You're damn right we do." Hope snarled. "You're not very scared of me, are you? How about now?" Burr asked Hope before pulling out a gun and aiming it at her. Hope chuckled. "That's your plan? You're gonna shoot a kid?" Hope asked him. "This gun would never harm a human child. You three, however...These bullets were formed from the mud of the Malivore pit and weaponized by Triad scientists. They can break the skin of any supernatural like a hot knife through butter. Fester. Infect them. Disintegrate them from the inside out. Or so we thought, it didn't work for that kid on fire. But I'm guessing that when we catch him...he won't be so immune to a little decapitation, now will he?" Burr growled. "You so much as touch a hair on his head and I'll kill you." Hope spat. "We don't know where the chalice is." I told him. "I believe you. This is just for fun, really. Eeny...meeny...miney." He said holding the gun up aiming it at Hope's head, then mine, Lizzie, and then back at me. "Moe." Lizzie finished walking to him. I jumped in front of her before the man fired the gun. I was hit in the chest and fell back with a gasp. "Lock them up." Burr ordered before the three of us were taken to the cells.

STILES

SOMEWHERE IN THE WOODS

I sped after Landon's scent through the woods. I had turned back into myself after I had lost thr Triad. It didn't take much effort to get a lock on the teen's scent. Especially since it was pungent and smelled like burning ash. The sooner I got Landon, the sooner I could return to the school and tear the Triad to pieces...starting with Burr. His end will be most spectacular. I gasped as my eyes went wide. I skidded to a halt and snapped my attention around in the direction of the school, before gunshots pierced my eardrums. I took a step forward to go head back before a bullet whizzed by my head and hit the tree next to me. I looked to me right and found the Triad off in the distance. "Sir, I got eyes on Alpha target." A soldier said. "You have authority to shoot. Wound him and bring me his head." Burr ordered on the other line. "Weapons free! Fire!" A man shouted a split second before bullets whistled passed me. I ducked before breaking into a run after them with elongated fangs, bright violet eyes, and black claws. I jumped to a tree and rebounded off it before tackling a man to the ground and slashing his throat. His blood splattered my right cheek invoking darkened red veins to shoot up towards my eyes. I let out a feral growl as I jumped to the next soldier. I sped to him running my hand through his chest, grabbing his pounding heart and crushing it before placing my hand on his head and setting him on fire. I yanked my hand out of his torso with crushed heart still in my bloody hand. I narrowed my eyes before throwing it at the man directly to my right. The strength and speed of the throw turned the soft fleshy heart into a solid blood red rock that tore through the man's ribcage and exited out his back. He fell to his knees before keeling over to the side. I bared fangs before an stake flew into my left shoulder. I let out a roar before ripping out the wooden rod and snapping it in two in my fists with a growl. I looked over at a man with a crossbow. He was currently hurrying to load another stake into the weapon. I appeared in front of him before biting down onto his neck and draining every of drop of blood from his body. I pushed his corpse over watching it fall to the ground as I slowly turned my head over to the last three men. Two of the men fired assault rifles at me before disappeared from their view. They looked around frantically before I sped pass the two men. They dropped to the ground, dead. The last man searched around terrified. I appeared in front of him with both men's hearts in my hands. I stretched my arms out to my sides as I looked at the man. I dropped the hearts to the ground before letting my arms fall to my side with a smirk. "If you think you can kill me....you can't." I told him before speeding to him and lifting him into the air by his throat. "And I don't very much appreciate your people holding my school hostage. If I return to the school and find someone is injured. I will not hesitate to hunt each and every single person that had a part to play in this." I growled. "However, you won't be alive to witness it." I finished before snapping his neck and letting him fall to the ground. I looked around before nodding my head. "Cute." I said sarcastically before speeding after Landon.