Chapter 78

I stood outside waiting for the Beast when a roar came from in front of me. A couple of minutes later, Anubis was running to me before veering off to the left. I spotted the others hiding in the bushes nearby waiting for the Beast. A pair of blue glowing eyes pierced the blackness of night. It stopped running and stared at me with a growl. I flexed my fingers waiting for it to strike at me. It let out a screech when it's arm jutted out to the right and snatched the werewolf named Scott off the ground and threw him at me. I caught him with one hand and set him down. I didn't have time to react when the Beast plowed into me. I screamed out as I clawed at its muscular back, drawing blood. It roared out in pain releasing me. I threw a punch into its mouth sending into the air. Anubis stood on the other end waiting for him. He slammed a fist into the Beast's chest. The Beast was sent flying back towards me where I grabbed its neck and slammed it into the ground. I pinned him with my knees before I began to pummel it into the ground as I screamed. It's dark red blood splattered across my face and fists. It fought back getting angry. I smacked both sides of my head with his hands, dazing me. It pushed me off slashing me across the chest multiple times. It threw more punches into me as the others joined the fight. It smacked Derek away like a fly and smashed Anubis into the ground with its clawed foot. Blood oozed out of my wounds pooling onto the ground. I fell to a knee as it grabbed Josie and Hope, one in each hand. They screamed out in pain as it tightened its grip. I reached out before it kicked me away. I flew into a tree stopping next to Derek. I looked over at him as my eyes flickered. Josie and Hope cried out. I got to my feet slamming a fist into the ground furious. I grabbed a tree trunk and pulled it out of the ground with loud ear-splitting roar. I dragged the tree over to the Beast as he threw both girls at me. Scott and Malia caught them before they could hurt themselves. The Beast roared out before running at me. I readied the tree before swinging it into the monster. It flew back into a boulder before getting to its feet again. I looked at the tree before breaking it. A long sharp piece of the tree was aimed at the Beast. I threw it at him but he smacked it away with ease. It smacked away Anubis before grabbing me by the throat, lifting me into the air. Immediately shoving a claw-tipped hand into my stomach. I roared out in pain as he dropped me. I fell to my knees screaming out in pain. I gave one last look at Josie and Hope before keeling over with one last breath. The flames died and I laid there the world turning black as the Beast let one last scream. The last voice I heard was that of the demon fox. "NO!"